<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Ok techguys just wondering if you could give me a bit of advice. My original HD died the other night and i just went and bought another one reinstalled windows and all that. Just thought id try and see if the old non working HD would work if i attached it as slave and it actually came up and is recognised as Drive E. the problem is that when i click on it it says the drive is is not formatted. Is there anyway to rescue the data from the old HD?

Appreciate any help.

you are doing good just boot the computer with the primary/master drive and while in the GUI of windows access the slave drive using a third party data recovery tools

torrents are yer best bet to get this type of software

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

also from the things you are saying i do not think you needed a new HD did it stop spinning up, or start burning maybe click or beep, what was it doing differently

Uh yeah I proved you wrong dude, now you're just acting like a baby.

I gave you the website that showed they don't even make an 8 GB SD. The other one you posted had 4 GB in the description and a badly photochopped picture of an 8... Obviously not reliable.

you did not give me a site

the others are true but i have no power over what is posted on there site (you asked i gave)

here buy the 8GB SDHC memory http://memoryx.net/sd2.html

Dude just admit you were wrong.

Why don't you see any press releases at all regarding a Transcend (whoever the fuck that is) 8GB sd card. That would make them the first that have them available wouldn't it? Don't you think that would be a pretty big deal? Considering they sell them for cheaper then they sell 4GB SD cards???

Pretty fucking amazing.

PROOF??! One said 4 GB in the description, the second one obviously fake because the company doesn't even make an 8GB card...

Okay you did post a company I've never heard of that say they have an 8GB which would make them the first company to have one out and at the remarkably low price of 186 dollars...

You're a fucking baby, you can't stand to be wrong. You're just a little bitch dude.

LITTLE FUCKING WHINY BITCH.

Every single fucking little bit of bitch ass proof you posted was bullshit.

Proof is in the pudding:

8 GB QMEMORY - Website says they don't make one

8 GB Samsung - Obviously says 4 GB in the description..

Oh and Transcend, who is apparently the first people to manufacture and release an 8 GB SD card and they're selling it for under 200 dollars.

Now tell me this, do you whine and cry and argue this much when your boyfriend is pounding you in the ass? Or do you shut up like a good little girl?

And you're right man, it's not your fault that you can find janky websites willing to sell shit...

I guess I should of said find me a LEGIT site where you would actually recieve product, because obviously a nerd like you would jump at the chance to be right about something and argue about it...

I don't want to make the "OMG YOU HAVE NO FUCKING LIFE YOU NERD!" joke, because it's too obvious.

But I really don't know what else to say.

damn that was a harsh burn.................

shows who is really whinning now

all for something i did not even start

you going out of yer way all fucking day to prove there is no such thing as a little card that no one even cares about anyway so to the person who really does not have a fucking life, i got to get back to mine while i sit on my ass and type this shit out i am making 125k @ the age of 22

so have a nice day

well here i will end it like this

i help you people out as a hobby i do not have a problem doing so i think its fun and keeps me on my toes so i do not loose any of the information i have collected in my head for these many years if you do not agree with something i have to say or have said then do not read it simple as that

i was showing you to the best of my knowledge that there was 8GB sd card selling on the internet that does not mean it is real or fake that is up to you to decide and you can decide whatever you would like

you are doing good just boot the computer with the primary/master drive and while in the GUI of windows access the slave drive using a third party data recovery tools

torrents are yer best bet to get this type of software

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

also from the things you are saying i do not think you needed a new HD did it stop spinning up, or start burning maybe click or beep, what was it doing differently

I think the HD is had it. For the last week or so its been a lottery as to whether it would start up or not. I would boot up and the comp would hang on "detecting IDE" drives and then just say boot failure etc. I'd let it rest for a half hour is so then it would be fine. Just yesterday it refused to boot up at all. Maybe the HD is corrupted? Well i got the HD replaced and everything is running ok im just hoping to rescue a few of the important files that i had stupidly forgot to backup like my work emails!

I took your advice and found an app called "getdataback" its only a trial but its just running thru my old hd to see if there is anything recoverable. Ill have a look to see if i can find a full version torrent.

Thanks for your help.

I think the HD is had it. For the last week or so its been a lottery as to whether it would start up or not. I would boot up and the comp would hang on "detecting IDE" drives and then just say boot failure etc. I'd let it rest for a half hour is so then it would be fine. Just yesterday it refused to boot up at all. Maybe the HD is corrupted? Well i got the HD replaced and everything is running ok im just hoping to rescue a few of the important files that i had stupidly forgot to backup like my work emails!

I took your advice and found an app called "getdataback" its only a trial but its just running thru my old hd to see if there is anything recoverable. Ill have a look to see if i can find a full version torrent.

Thanks for your help.

yeah its not broke man just sounds like the cables are loose all you really need to do is replace the IDE cables which you prolly got new ones when you got the new HD

and run the recovery console

# Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

# When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below

This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft

Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

# Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To Repair Install, press ENTER

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".

# Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

# Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, END setup. After the reboot read Warning#2!

# Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.