<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

its all up to you of what you want on this thread so post your questions and suggestions

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

anyway vanity just format the computer and backup your files

how much data we lookin at

you can do this

make a partition on your hard drive if you got room

the room has to be setup like this

you got a 120 gb harddrive you got 80gb full you can go to disk manager and partiton it and put 25gb on the new partiton now the files you can take from partiton 1 that you want to backup like pictures,music,videos, this cannot be more then 25gb

if you still need room

after you have did that you can delete the files from partiton 1 and expand partiton 2 25gb more and so on after you got all your files you want backedup pop in the windows cd reboot the computer

well hell im tired of typing read this it will explain from here

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

now that the windows repair was talked about lets get back to why you had to partiton yer hard drive

you put the windows xp disk in if your repair does not work

boot off it and format the 1st partition most likely c:\ besure to only dlete this partiton no other

from there just install windows again

i dont think i need to reformat... i just reformated a little less than a year ago, and i haven't used this too much. my update works (my windows is legal), it just doesn't say i need SP2... which i do, so i can install ie7 and get that issue worked out.

i have 2 hard drives, a 40 gig and an 80 gig and a total of 5 partitions... planning on throwing linux on 1 of them eventually. no broadband though.

i'll try casek's file

hey i know that my question has been answered here on 12oz before, but what is a good program for recovering files off of a digital camera that have been deleted? I REALLY need it by tonight and if you could hook it up with a torrent id be very greatful. thanks to whoever helps.

Originally posted by Vanity@Mar 19 2006, 11:51 PM

i dont think i need to reformat... i just reformated a little less than a year ago, and i haven't used this too much. my update works (my windows is legal), it just doesn't say i need SP2... which i do, so i can install ie7 and get that issue worked out.

i have 2 hard drives, a 40 gig and an 80 gig and a total of 5 partitions... planning on throwing linux on 1 of them eventually. no broadband though.

i'll try casek's file

no you will need sp2 to download ie 7.0

Originally posted by WeakSauce@Mar 19 2006, 11:52 PM

hey i know that my question has been answered here on 12oz before, but what is a good program for recovering files off of a digital camera that have been deleted? I REALLY need it by tonight and if you could hook it up with a torrent id be very greatful. thanks to whoever helps.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozc...rom+memory+card

find one you like maybe i will give you the full

http://www.cardrecovery.com/?rid=google&kid=cr0110

Originally posted by Vanity@Mar 20 2006, 12:02 AM

err. no dice on the patch since my shit works/is legal.. just wont recognize that im stuck on sp1.

i'd update manualy, but friggin microsoft.com windows update doesnt work w/ ff.

i give up.

damn just reformat i do mine every year i did mine alittle early this year because of the IE errors i was having a few pages back i updated to IE7.0 and somehow my uninstall hotfix got deleted and gave me some major errors and blue screens

hey casek hes going to have an error he will still have to format the IE problem is big he does not have one and he cannot unistall cause he has no uninstall files (same as me) but worse) he needs to format theres no question that will help him after he formats