<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

casek, thanx man, works like a charm.

now, a stupid question. Lets say i'm dling a torrent and i need to get back on the page where it was published to comment or send the link to a friend. is there a way to do that through the info i get in the azureus details for the files or i just have to spend half an hour just browsing/searching through the countless torrents on demonoid or wherever i got it from?

tell me there's an easy way around this..

casek, thanx man, works like a charm.

now, a stupid question. Lets say i'm dling a torrent and i need to get back on the page where it was published to comment or send the link to a friend. is there a way to do that through the info i get in the azureus details for the files or i just have to spend half an hour just browsing/searching through the countless torrents on demonoid or wherever i got it from?

tell me there's an easy way around this..

you are welcome. glad it's working.

i think that you'll probably have to search for it.

if it's not a huge torrent, maybe using rapidshare or

megaupload would work a bit better than searching.

if it is a huge torrent, just look at the name and type that into the search bar

on demonoid.

for instance:

i just downloaded .net 3.0

i look in my download directory and it's listed

as "microsoft .net framework 3.0 final"

go to demonoid and search in the applications for

that exact listing and bingo bango. there it is.

obviously, go for the one with the most numbers

of people sharing.

Blue lasers. The little diode is at the heart of Blu-ray and HD DVD technology, and its scarcity is the reason you might be reading this while camping out for a PlayStation 3 right now. Shimei Semiconductor Co. thinks it's found an easier way to make them by growing the gallium nitride LEDs on a silicon wafer instead of the sapphire-based process used currently. The predicted lower cost and longer lifespan of the components sounds great ...too bad these aren't expected to be available until April of 2007. Still, those waiting for a dual-format player -- or maybe a European PS3 -- might have one of these blue lasers in their future.

shimeibluelaser.jpg

Yo my parents have a hp pavilion hp1523

i was on it when it started fucking up, taking ages to respond and then wouldnt shut down. Ended up having to turn it off at the wall. Now when its turned on i get a screen saying something like 'we apologise for the inconvenience but windows cant start... blah blah'

Anyway, normal start up doesnt work,

safe mode doesnt work

last known settings that work doesnt work.

it trys to start and then a blue screen pops up for like a second and then it reboots and its back to square one again.

Is it fucked?

Have i got any chance of fixing it without losing whats on the pc?

Thanks, that would probably be the solution if HewlettPackard wasnt a homo and actually gave windows cd's with the pc. this shit is all there on the hard drive and I do have a recovery cd but that only has the option of re-formatting. the Help line is saying to take it in, they will transfer all the data on to cd and then reformat it. which isnt great.