<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest R@ndomH3ro

I dont know if someone already asked this...

How do I get a CD ISO to burn to a DVD. Nero's keeps wanting to put it on a CD but my DVD player dont like VCDs.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
go to advanced view in nero and on the top left it has a pull down menu that you can change to dvd.

If only it was that easy

Its a CD ISO, and it wont let you just change it

Even if you go into the advanced and do is it says it needs a CD-R

This is the screen I get when I click on the ISO file

huh.jpg

It doesnt let me change it to DVD

ATI and AMD ready response to Centrino

9/1/2006 11:36:45 AM, by Eric Bangeman

Although AMD has made great strides in both desktop and server CPU market share, Intel is still king of the hill when it comes to mobile applications. This is due in no small part to its Centrino platform which combines an Intel CPU, chipset, and wireless chip into an integrated and easy-to-market package.

In response, AMD and ATI are reportedly developing Yokohama, a more integrated notebook platform that will combine AMD's 64-bit Turion notebook CPUs and ATI chipsets along with a third-party WiFi chipset from the likes of Airgo, Atheros, or Broadcom. (AMD plans to develop its own WiFi chips down the line.)

When AMD purchased ATI in July, one of the immediate benefits we saw for AMD was ATI's expertise with chipsets. Unlike Intel, which is able to provide chipsets to go along with its CPUs, AMD has had to rely on third parties. With ATI on board, that reliance will decrease.

DigiTimes reports that the new notebook chipset will be launched by the end of the year, which means that dual-core Turion laptops with Yokohama chipsets may be available for the holiday shopping season.

In the short term, Yokohama will not likely do much to boost AMD's fortunes in the laptop market. Part of the problem comes from the strength of Intel's brand, but there is also a performance issue in play. Although the Turion X2 is a dual-core, 64-bit CPU, Intel's Core 2 Duo for laptops—officially launched at the beginning of this week—has a decided edge not only in performance, but in power consumption as well. That said, a new laptop chipset from AMD and ATI will mark a new beginning in AMD's attempts to chip away at Centrino's dominance of the market.

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060901-7644.html

downloading the 1.3 patch now. bf2 is set up. just need to patch it up and do some cooling modifications.

speaking of which.....

found this long carboard tube that i had some movie posters in. going to cut it into a smaller section and add a fan for the intake. possibly getting some liquid fiberglass and make it more

jet like.

Just in Case Your Mac Is Shutting Down A Lot

There's apparently been a rash of unexplained shutdowns on new MacBooks. Those sexy Apple laptops, especially those purchase in the last year or so, are randomly shutting down with no warning or explanation to users. Exactly this happened to Matthew Swanson of Atlanta GA. So he got a mite frustrated and started macbookrandomshutdown.com. Not the spiffiest URL, but it sure is to the point. The site posts information about this and similar MacBook problems and has a discussion forum where Apple users can post problems and resolutions to each other. Woth checking out if you're a hapless MacBook victim.