<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

by the way.. my statement is based on trial and error and a little bit of reading. but with the newer ATI cards this should provide to be true. atleast x800+.

svid - component is cheapest way to do it if you really really want to go DVI - Component/HDTV you need to buy a seprate box that will reconvert the signal yadda yadda yadda. it gets expensive. and seeing asthough most GPU's have SVID on them there really shouldnt be an issue for any one. ill check out some info on NVIDIA stuff. and repost that.

see.. im torn on that.. i was trying to think of that before for you..

i need details

gddr2 or 3?

the x1300 is ddr2 and the x800 is gdd3

and there's something with core clock and mem clock.

x1300 pro is clocked at 594 mem at 396 ( i am wondering why it's underclocked, too)

the 800 is clocked at 400.

but the 800 has 12 pixel pipelines. the 1300 has 4 x 4 (if that makes sense).

who said i didnt want pancakes? read it, it says nothin about not wanting anything i just said i wanted bisuits and gravy hell i am planning on eatting the pancakes too hahaha

you hear that sneakandcrap? mainter is going to eat pancakes and biscuits and gravy! that means he's a liberal!

not nec. true.. my brother got a dvi to hdmi, that didnt work. same with dvi to component..

with the Svid connection it redoes the pixelpipelines to fit properly on a tv.. if you go the DVI route you need alot of ram for it to reprocess the video signal.. because my brothers result was that the computer just locked up. the settings in the properties are helpful once you have a good connection.. but if its not reprocessing the image for a TV then theres going to be issues. i tried with my computer on my tv. i had the same issues, but when i used the SVID it was fine.

you are the man! i learned something, too. i don't have a fancy schmancy plasma lcd hyper support cube television 5000. i don't even watch tv that much.

i take it you guys are going on to the next level shit pretty quickly.

p.s.: count me and i'm sure the rest of the nerds here jealous.

that really is some sweet shit to hear about 12oz. how do you guys feel about your

"baby" growing up?

what was this running on when it was grey/green scheme? i barely remember those days.

the thing that sticks out is the chicken and the link to cia.gov (or was it fbi.gov?)

hey misteraven, can you hook casek and I up with special badges (example)

Computer Digerati

Tech Guru

Modorator (haha)

anything along them lines

we contribute quite a bit to this site in the tech suppot kind of way so i thought we could get better badges besides Veteran

hey did you read this raven so how bout it

alright, we got the new server up. turns out we didnt receive teh ram, so that'll be going in tomorrow or the next day (we're running with the default 1gb). also wanga is going through and optimizing mysql and apache, as well as compiling a custom kernal for the new box. let me know if you notice any issues.