<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This is interesting...12oz. Bizarro Land. Down is up, bad is good, left is right....

They'll sort it out. I got a new case, power supply, three variable speed fans (a 120 and two 80s), new IDE cables, etc. the other day. Cobbled it all together yesterday.

So now, my comp is now 90% quieter and 30% cooler. With disco lights. Very nice.

Next up is a new mobo/processor, bigger HD, a DVD writer, and maybe a LCD monitor. My plan is to make the old setup into a video editing box for my lady.

If anybody needs to contact me, give me a hard time, or whatever...my GAIM handle is CoolCalmChris.

I'm almost certain 12 oz. is not going to be stable for at least a week or so. I've been around a while, I know the drill and am used to that happening sometimes. It's no big deal...go fishing, call your relatives, or catch up on something.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
you fucked something up, eastbay.

have you checked your router out?

It's not my router, because I don't have wifi. My LAN works fine, but all my friends have wifi. I've been to 3 different houses with wifi, where it says it's connected, but won't open any pages. Repair> could not clear dns cache.

It kind of happened out of nowhere.

you don't listen to him. ok, then. very good.

you go to local store and buy one of these type things. solve all your problem. can be used in laptop or desktop

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?pfp=SEARCH&Ntt=wireless+usb&N=0&Dx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&D=wireless+usb&Ntk=All&product_code=313104&Pn=Wireless_G_USB_Network_Adapter

maybe compusa not so good. find other store.

http://www.americancostume.com/page24/Samurai.gif

Is that seriously all that I need?

Is that seriously all that I need?

you want to die, don't you? yes. that is all you need.

spectr: perhaps a format and reinstall of tiny xp would do you some good.

one good thing is that it would reduce the space taken up. the other is that you won't have to search for that conflict. just let the new install take care of most everything. have your drivers ready for the laptop.

RAVEN: new issue. when posting it reads "an error has occurred, etc"

had to edit a post to post this. hope you saw my message about being able to see your databases the other day. it was odd.

eh so i am getting these weird messages from time to time like conflict with mass controller and pci resource conflicts then my computer occasionally brings up the blue screen of doom. though i can find nothing wrong and it is only a once in a while thing..

i am thinking my hard drive has had it and needs to be replaced any ideas?

Guest R@ndomH3ro

I need help with connecting to my internetz!!!

My laptop does not want to connect to anything. I plug the lan cable in and all it says it "Aquiring Network Address"

I uninstalled all the drivers reinstalled the drivers to my lan card

I did the whole ipconfig /release and renew

the shit still doesnt want to connect.

nothing i was having laptop issues before the oz went down, now they are fixed, well fixed in the sense of i am getting rid of my laptop on craigslist right now ( that way i never have to see the person again ) before it goes all the way to hell.

and i called everyone on 12oz a asshole, and if they aren't a asshole they just haven't been here long enough.

I really should be writing a paper, why didn't 12oz stay down all weekend and let me finish my work.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
ping the nic 127.0.0.1

ping yer router ___ linksys default 192.168.1.1

ping yourself (the IP you get from yer ISP

ping a website for example this one 64.90.181.146

see where you get stuck

You talking to me??

Guest R@ndomH3ro
I need help with connecting to my internetz!!!

My laptop does not want to connect to anything. I plug the lan cable in and all it says it "Aquiring Network Address"

I uninstalled all the drivers reinstalled the drivers to my lan card

I did the whole ipconfig /release and renew

the shit still doesnt want to connect.

Posting this again cause I think I got over looked