<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
if that were the case shai he should just pop out the cmos and reset it why pull the harddrive?

I didn't think of that. It seems pretty easy to me to pull the HD and switch it to another box. Granted, that's me, and not taking into account if this guy as tried to do that before.

Well, if you want to explain the CMOS thing to him, it's all you.

How was your week off?

update: motherboard, cpu and gpu have all been sent back.. no word yet on what exactly was the problem. i had to pay $58 in shipping to get it back to them asap (wednesday, wtf). and i should have everything back on friday or monday.

hopefully ill have my desk here and built by the time my parts come.

newegg. are nice people, how ever after ive spent over $4000 with them in the passt 2 years.. i would have figured they would have atleast gave me a shipping label to ship the shit back with.

anybody know how to make it so photos you post up cant be copied? or if you run into those kinds of pics on websites, how to copy them anyway?

watermark(asshole)

to take them just view source of the website and find the link to the picture open it alone (theres yer picture) or use casek solution always works

remember the last stage of Delirium hacking group? (prolly not) In 2003, the group of four Polish security researchers discovered the vulnerability that would later be used by others to unleash the Blaster worm, but because of distrust over Microsoft's willingness to address software flaws at the time, members had to be coaxed into sharing their findings. The group, known as LSD, is now on Microsoft's payroll working on what is being hailed as the "largest ever penetration test" of an operating system coming out of Redmond, Wash. According to John Lambert, senior group manager in Microsoft's SWI (Secure Windows Initiative), LSD members are part of an "internal team of hackers" conducting simulated attacks against Windows Vista. The group's members are all computer science graduates of Poznan University of Technology and have worked as the security team at the Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center, in Poznan, Poland.

BIG THANKS TO SHAI CASEK AND MAINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD NEWS- I was able to submit my paper....oddly enough, i borrowed a keyboard, but for some reason i put it into another usb port....and miraculously (sp?) it worked!!! So i logged on, spell checked and submitted!!!! My old keyboard also works in this second usb port, and i havent switched it back yet...nor have i rebooted or turned off the pc...cause im scurred lol...

>>>Now that the keyboard seems to be working, how can i safely remove the SYSTEMS and ADMIN passwords???- and yes, i have the pw my brother set....

thanks again

twoonefive

i've got this computer that doesn't boot, it goes to the bios screen, but it doesn't respond when i press f1 etc, it did respond when i unplugged the hard drive, i would reinstall windows but there's some files on there that i need, and i can't connect this drive to my computer because the cables are different, i do have an ethernet cable...

the big debate in my dome piece

ok, so i have this stupid neighbor. who has a stupid sister.

stupid sister lives far away. like, illinois far away.

got it? ok.

stupid sister wrecked her computer. kept calling me to get me to fix it.

i finally got tired of the calls and sent her this mysapce email:

" here are the files you need

spybot

http://www.mooload.com/new/file.php?file=files/140806/1155547782/spybotsd14.exe

avg free antivirus

uninstall anything that says norton before installing this

to uninstall

start/control panel/ add/remove programs

uninstall norton.

http://free.grisoft.com/softw/70free/setup/avg71free_405a782.exe

blocks spyware from getting in after you remove all of it with spybot

spyware blaster

http://files2.majorgeeks.com/files/ac9409d10ea7b978d52b9e977ef787cc/spyware/spywareblastersetup351.exe

when you install spybot, update it, then search for spyware, afetr it finishes scanning, "fix all problems"

also, use immunize after all the spyware has been cleaned. then install spyware blaster. update it, enable all protection.

next step. stop using internet explorer. forget about it. it's useless from now on. pretend it doesn't work.

here's mozilla firefox. it blocks pop-ups, and it's alot safer than internet explorer.

http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-1.5.0.6&os=win〈=en-US

once you begin the installation, it will ask you if you want to import your bookmarks from internet explorer. just click next. i think it's default is set to import from IE.

use avg free antivirus the same way. when it's done setting up, it will ask you if you want to update. do that, then scan for virii. you will probably have some on the computer.

remember, norton sucks. get rid of it. it only slows your computer down. internet explorer is bad. it no longer works. use mozilla firefox.

that should help your computer situation clear up a little.

i don't know what's wrong with it exactly. but i'm guessing it's loaded with problems. these things will help. maybe even fix it. but you have to use them in order for the fixing to begin.

"

dumb bitch calls me at some point this morning. she can't understand my instructions.

so, it's up to you. should i help her, or just get hr to give me her ip address and fuck her shit up beyond repair?

your choice.

ok, this bitch is too much. "i thought you could fix it"

sorry, bitch. i'm about 900 miles away from your computer.

"how do i download this?" click on the link i sent you about 8

times within the past 5 minutes.

there are so many more. wish i would've saved the conversation.

i think i'm either a): going to tell her to shove the computer

directly up her ass

or b): going to charge her $200+ to send me the damned virus/spyware ridden

hunk of shit so i can see it (fix it)

some people should not own a computer.

p.s.:

question: one of my friends computers is on some weird shit with they keyboard... like you have to hold a button down hard as fuck or it doesnt react at all.... its basically useless... hes been usin an on screen keyboard, but i have been spending more time there and this frustrates the shit outa me....now ive tried different keyboards, usb, ps2... different ports.... still that same shit..

any idea what the fuck is goin on?

question: one of my friends computers is on some weird shit with they keyboard... like you have to hold a button down hard as fuck or it doesnt react at all.... its basically useless... hes been usin an on screen keyboard, but i have been spending more time there and this frustrates the shit outa me....now ive tried different keyboards, usb, ps2... different ports.... still that same shit..

any idea what the fuck is goin on?

nope keyboards hate you