<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

spectr, the only thing I did to your laptop was install Opera on it, with your permission. Honest, nothing else.

I highly doubt that could the problem, but I'm not 100% certain.

I have to go fix the neighbor's comp today, but send me a PM and maybe you can bring it by and let me take a look at it later today or tomorrow.

Why does it take 2 hours for nero to burn a single movie onto disc? It also plays the movie while doing it. I mean shouldnt this shit be much faster?

yes, unless it's converting from avi to mpeg.

turn "preview" off. in fact, you could use dvd shrink...

if it's a direct dvd copy. if not, keep using nero.

oh yeah it was also telling me that most of it was in pal and not NSCT or what ever the american format is. So Maybe the real problem was that kinda conversion. I dunno. I thought these avi files were mpeg4 files too. One in the same.

could the process be sped up by preconverting the avi files, and how would i go about doing that.

Intel Core 2 Duo a big leap in chip race

By Nicole C. Wong

Intel CEO Paul Otellini holds up the company's newest chip Thursday at an unveiling at headquarters in Santa Clara, Calif., where Intel introduced the Core 2 Duo microprocessors.

Intel kicked its corporate-turnaround plan into high gear last week with the launch of its long-awaited Core 2 Duo, a line of computer chips that boast up to 40 percent more processing power while using 40 percent less electricity than the company's previous chips.

The Core 2 Duo, so named because it squeezes two computing brains onto a single microprocessor, allows the world's largest chip maker to leapfrog past its archrival, Advanced Micro Devices, in the race to give customers better chips to run computer servers and desktop and laptop computers.

Industry analysts said the new chips showed Intel still has competitive juice in computer-chip design.

"They are back," said Nathan Brookwood, principal analyst at Insight 64 in Saratoga, Calif. "For the last 18 months, Intel as a formidable competitor has sort of waned. They just didn't have the product lineup that they needed to compete with AMD's product on a feature or performance or power basis."

AMD has been leader

While Intel dwarfs AMD in corporate size, AMD has taken the lead in recent years in chip design. Since launching its first dual-core Opteron chip in 2003, AMD has gained 10 percentage points of market share based on revenue, growing from 7.5 percent of the market in the second quarter of 2003 to 17 percent in the first quarter of 2006, according to Insight64.

The Core 2 Duo is Intel's most important product launch since 2000, when it rolled out the Pentium 4 chips.

"This does not change the situation that AMD will continue as a formidable competitor, but now AMD will be facing a formidable competitor," Brookwood said. "The empire has struck back."

Prices for desktop Core 2 Duo chips range from $183 to $999. Prices for laptop chips haven't been announced.

Consumers will see desktop computers carrying the new Core 2 Duo chips on store shelves starting next week. Hewlett-Packard will offer the Core 2 Duo in its two higher-end consumer desktop products, including the $899 media center edition PC.

advertising

With the Core 2 Duo punching up the power in HP's media center, "you can stream high-definition video from your PC to your television," said Sean Paterson, an HP desktop product manager. And while a child is watching a movie in the living room, a parent sitting in the home office can edit a video running on the same PC while a virus scan runs in the background.

For bigger corporate computers, the Core 2 Duo's ability to conserve power will save money and headaches.

Corporate data centers — which are filled with racks of the computer servers that deliver Web sites, handle transactions and house data — eat up a lot of electricity cooling the equipment to prevent overheating. If a business's data center goes down because it can't cope with the rising temperature, or if it falls victim to rolling blackouts, "it can be crippling," said Colette LaForce, vice president of marketing for Rackable Systems, a Milpitas-based company that's introducing a Core 2 Duo computer server.

Faster-processing sought

And die-hard video game players crave faster processing power, which reduces the lag time between when gamers hit a keyboard button and can see the result on the screen. They demonstrated the chip's capability at the launch event Thursday at Intel headquarters in Santa Clara, Calif.

"You end up getting killed because you can't see what's going on," said Morgan Romine, a professional gamer.

Graphics-chip maker Nvidia then stole the stage to demonstrate the movielike quality video gamers will soon be able to immerse themselves in using Nvidia chips working with the Core 2 Duo-powered PCs.

But, in sign of how competitive the chip industry remains, Nvidia competitor ATI Technologies said Intel rescinded an invitation to appear at the event after the Canadian company announced earlier last week that it agreed to be acquired by Intel's rival, AMD.

Intel spokesman Robert Manetta said no one from ATI was ever scheduled to attend. But he added, "We did make a decision on Tuesday after the purchase was announced that it didn't seem appropriate for a system with an ATI component to be on stage."

Sean Maloney, Intel's executive vice president and chief sales and marketing officer, said the launch was "a big day" for Intel, a celebration on par with a birthday plus a wedding.

Copyright © 2006 The Seattle Times Company

cst-320.jpg

cst-320_2.jpg

Specifications:

Dimensions: (L)485 x (W)215 x (H)460mm

Material: Aluminum + Plastic front bezel; SECC chassis

Weight: 10kg

M/B Type: ATX 12” x 9.6” (30.5cm x 24.5cm); Micro-ATX

5.25” Drive Bay: 5 (Exposed)

3.25” Drive Bay: 1 (Exposed); 4 (Hidden)

Cooling System: One 120x120x25mm front fan 1200rpm, 22dBA (Intake); Support 12cm , 9cm and 8cm rear fan (Exhaust)(Option)

I/O Panel: USB 2.0 x 2, IEEE1394 x 1, MIC x 1, SPK x 1

Max handle load: 25kg

0,1425,sz=1&i=122233,00.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119098

Antec Sonata II Black ATX 16IN Mid Tower Quiet Case 3X5.25 2X3.5 4X3.5IN 450W Air Duct 120MM Fan

$125.00

ASUS 52X ULTRADMA Black CD-ROM

$30.00

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE PCI 7.1 Surround Sound Card

$35.00

Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA2 7200RPM 16MB 8.9MS Hard Drive 3 Year MFR Warranty

$105.00

Fortron Sparkle FSP/SPI ATX-400PN 400W ATX12V 20/24PIN Power Supply W/ 120MM Fan P4 AMD Ready OEM

$45.00

Cooler Master Neon Blue LED 120MM Case Fan 3PIN 22DBA 1220RPM 42.734CFM 3PINS

$10.00 Had to add some cooler to it

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor Socket AM2 Windsor 2.0GHZ 2X512KB 89W 90NM Retail Box

$360.00

OCZ Gold PC2-5400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-667 CL4-4-4-12 240PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit W/ Heatspreader

$235.00

ASUS M2N-E ATX AM2 Nforce 570 Ultra PCI-E16 PCI-E4 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA RAID Sound GBLAN Motherboard

$125

EVGA E-GEFORCE 7900 GT KO 500MHZ PCI-E 256MB 256BIT 1.5GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI HDTV Out Video Card

$350.00

Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System Black 70W RMS 140W W/FDD$70.00

Total : $1490 these are just averages so it will between $1450 - $1550

its very upgradeable you can change anything on that I would recommend boost the power supply to atleast 500W sense you live outside and all haha