DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

Originally posted by spot common@Nov 9 2004, 10:54 PM

I'd be so ashamed to be a graff artist in detroit if this is even a small part of the scene. sorry but, seriously I've seen some amazing work come from detroit but this stuff is wacky. sorry peoples

sorry dude, fel 3000 died, he's down to like 2998 lives now, so Im pretty sure he stopped painting. He was pretty much on his way out after getting officially voted best 'graff artist' in all of detroit. I mean you'd want to end your career on top too right? But the rest of us all suck, and like it that way, thanks for the critique ;)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

thats okay, I'd rather see world war 3, than 3 people painting. Detroits been slippin since, turtle went corporate It was all 'downriver' after that haha.

but I love hate.

'the more hate i get the better i write, oh, wait, whenever i write, I use the space to say whatever i like.'

Jigga Case- an eye for an eye we both lose our sight, two wrongs dont make a write.

enough rap qoutes for tonight.

Originally posted by IHeartFr8s@Nov 9 2004, 05:59 PM

quit talkin about riku that bitch makes me wanna vomit

I am so glad that I am inspiring little gangsters to do throw-up's.

About detroit I think I would rather bash my head against a wall with the word hopeless spay painted on it!

On a possitive note I like the bill board back sceen lately and mt eliot it looks fresh there are riku golden bamers up on the streets armey hits would word whit dubble out linens like it an no thang that man needs a big hug from all of us. I love egg drop soup. lets not forget the kids that love to blow crom en blacks props now I dont need to drop names but I wish u all knew how much I love the improved enviornment, way to contribute and I am so in love with pluto it hurts I adore him.

I love detroit at night it becomes resident evil- mystery ink

and as for you seek I do not think you have ever talked to me in your life we should go out some time love. maybe if your interested :king:

:yuck: :yuck: :burn: love ms. rikku

Originally posted by justin case@Nov 11 2004, 12:07 AM

thats okay, I'd rather see world war 3, than 3 people painting. Detroits been slippin since, turtle went corporate It was all 'downriver' after that haha.

but I love hate.

'the more hate i get the better i write, oh, wait, whenever i write, I use the space to say whatever i like.'

Jigga Case- an eye for an eye we both lose our sight, two wrongs dont make a write.

eno ;) ugh rap qoutes for tonight.

does no one recognize that this is a direct rip off of indira ghandis saying, "An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world go blind." I'm pretty sure he said that around 1947, rap wasn't quite around yet. ;)

actually, that's still self promo. as is sending the pics to your boy over aim and having him post it. ;)

heres my thing with self promo (since i know everyone is dying to hear it)...

if you're painting some big flashy legal wall, the rule of 'self promo' do not apply because the piece is being judged on its 'artistic' merrits, not on it's mere existence. if the piece sucks, you get no respect, end of story. if it's good, and you've got solid letters, skill, etc, then you deserve the respect. also, in most cities, spots like that usually don't last a week (if even that long), so if you don't catch something right as it's painted, most the time you'd never see it. i've painted spots in other cities that were painted over the next afternoon. it sucks, but what can you do?

now on the flip side, if you're bombing or painting trains (unless it's some real fancy shit), you're painting for the 'ups'. the amount of work you put in is almost more important than the quality. so when someone does a simple spot, flics it, runs home and puts it on the internet before the paint's even dry, unless it's some bananas spot, to me that's just cheap fame. it's basically a 'gimmick'. the way i feel is that if someone is really that up, their shit will get flicked and posted anyway. when isaac posts, dude will post everything he caught. if he sticks in one of his own spots, no big deal. if he was to constantly make a post with nothing but his own work, that's a little weak. you get the point.

i know i'm more hardcore about this than alot of folks in the city, or atleast those that post here, but thats fine. just know that it's not like i'm just being a dick, the majority of the country feels basically the same i do (about most things, not just this).

if yall dont care though, i dont care, ya know.

SEEKING I THOUGHT YOU WERE RIGHT WHEN U WERE FIGHTING WITH THAT JERKOFF, BUT LATELY YOU JUST SEEM LIKE A BITTER OLD RAPPER BITCHING BECAUSE HE IS BROKE AND ALL THE YOUNG CATS GOT THE MONEY, SO WHAT IS PAINT LIKE A FINE WINE IT HAS TO BE ON A WALL FOR YERS IN ORDER TO BE GOOD, THIS IS A DETROIT PAINT THREAD SO IF IT IS PAINT IN DETROIT IT SHOULD BE POSTED MAKES SENSE HUH? DOESNT HAVE TO BE A GRAPE JAM PIECE TO BE PUT ON HERE..