DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 42.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DSD666

• GLEN BENTON

• wickedwacko!

• LEEZYONE

yes i understand the need to crop

Like I stated before i used the wrong files and the huge white area was an eyesore. Speaking of an eyesore dont get hit in the eye from rubber bands cause it will fuck you up!!! I had to go out the other night painting with an eyepatch because i got smoked with a rubber band in the eye! it sucked. I was a pirate ass looking mother fucker and i had no depth perception so it made hitting the spot that night real fun!!!! Oh thanks for not ripping me a new one seeker it is appreciated!

Guest L.RonHubbard
Originally posted by seeking

dude, when you scan pictures, you need to crop the scanner bed out of the pic. you posted giant white areas with one pic in the corner. besides the fact that the actual pics were not of quality work, they were unecessarily huge. had they just been weak, i probably would have left them, (although trust me, you'd have gotten a world of shit for them) it was the size that got the axe.

hash still paints? fantastic. do share!

whoa there seeks, dont cream your pants now. I started writing RIZOE. about two years ago, i dont really get up that much anyjmore tho.

anymore? ;)

mccp,

its really not terrible. a 3d and a little better perportions and it would be fresh. if i get bored tonight, i'll show you what i mean.

3/4th of what makes a simple piece look 'good' is line quality. there were a whole lot of texas/eel pieces that would have looked like complete hell if they werent painted so well.

if you paint a letter with conviction and make the lines look strong and intentional, they can make up for bad structure and poor design. a ton of euro graff is completely dependent on the paint and the lines to make it tollerable. if the stuff was painted with rusto, krylon and stock caps, it would look like horse shit, guranteed.

just my .02 (.035 if you're reading this in windsor)

Originally posted by seeking

i still dont agree with the self promo, but thats a whole 'nother story.

although it is kinda wak, they only way people see flix on here is from the people who painted them posting them. you gotta remember, this detroit....everyone hates on everyone. i mean would you go out of your way to post something that i did? hell no. neither would anybody else.

i could fill a whole friggin page with shit that me and my boys have done, but people are just gonna talk gay shit. so no flix.:twitch:

im either right on or way off with the linework. one that i did today was nice looking the rest were complete shit.

im very inconsistant. practice makes perfect.

get bored, show me what you mean...

squrrlmaster, i agree theres too much hatin', but i always post anyones shit that i take a picture of, i love it all...

I think self promo is the only way you are gonna get any flix around here..

Theres nothin but a handful of people getting up right now..

Half of them are homosexuals that take pickles in their assholes while humming showtunes and the other half are some hardcore ass motherfuckers with guns, cigarettes, 40s, headbands and cool shoes...

Less about self-promotion (since I don't really "get up") but more about Aerosol 101 in the alley...

:eek:

(Pics were just visual aid)

What if more people had chill spots they could practice at? Maybe Vernor wouldn't look like it does first of all. But second of all people have to remember... work work work! Then publish... if your piece isn't ready, don't broadcast (high visibility).

Oh... judge this work as you will but remember- I'm still in the alleys while I learn. We'll be trying to get at least 10 garages in this alley to participate... but there are only 3 for now that will allow you to write (chill spot).

What do you think about the idea? (I'm expecting heavy criticism... so let me hear it)