Vacationland

oOsoupOo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
QUEST KD GOD 156 ... first time painting in 3 years. Welcome to Vacationland ! Next in line ... NEONE RTW...stay tuned my duns.

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

NEONE...not to be confused with Minone. He's not RTW (my bad). But he did paint with them and Tracy 168 and many others before I started writing. He hasn't pieced in like 12 or 13 years...I'm gonna try to get him to paint again...I'll post pics of his Rap Pack graffiti card pieces a little later.

RAID - A little respect and dignity goes a long way, even in the heathen sport of graffiti. Any interactions like that really meant a lot to me when i was first painting so, props also, to the older heads that were willing to offer advice and support.

TURDS is kickin ass. I'm real impressed with those last couple freights. Especially that BNSF with how his fill matches the color of the car, shits DOPE.

because for some reason, fools like to shit on all these toys (which everybody was at one point, including people that cats jock the shit out of) that are coming out of the woodwork, making attempts at GRAFFITI, and people tell them not to write, they fuck the scene up. But as soon as somebody can execute (at this point) ANYTHING with a spray can, people are super quick to praise the gods of graffiti, when it's not even graffiti that's being produced. Which is probably why theres a whole lot of motherfuckers out here that produce burners and have hideous handstyles, treacherous looking throwups, and can't even produce an on point dead letter, never really crushed freights or higher risk spots, etc etc..

And i personally like the newest collaboration.

if it's done with spray paint on a wall then why doesn't it belong here?

It's not that it doe's not belong here, It just should not be mixed up with writing. I will try and brake it down for you. I will use REONE and SUBONE as examples. I mean no disrespect to each artist as they are truly amazing at what they do.

That's the question right there, What is it that REONE and SUBONE do? They are artist that use spray paint and legalized walls as their medium. From my understanding they have been artist long before they started to use spray paint. Sub "a 30-year-old German-American from Heidelberg" Has a warped point of view on Writing and Graffiti. Some of Subs ideals I do agree with where as most I don't at all.

What is graffiti? What is Writing? are they the same thing? NO they are not. If you ask any well know Writer if he is a Graffiti artist or a Writer, they will tell you that they are a Writer. This go's back to when the art form was founded in New York City. I will not go into a history lesson here, but if you want more info on the history go pick up a copy of STYLE WRITING FROM THE UNDERGROUND. To put it in simple terms. For one to be a writer they must write illegally. They should be working to master a hand style or styles, Scribes, toss ups, stamps, and pieces of their own or handed down styles. Once they master all of the above they can push their writing to the limits with productions and anything or anywhere they can place it.

So to sum this up, for oneself to be considered a true Writer one must pay his dues, Respect the culture, and if all gos well master his own styles illegally and legally.

A graffiti Artist preferred medium is a canvas or a legal wall. They most likely have not paid there dues, and well they respect the culture they do not fully partake in it.

Hope this was helpful. Once again Much respect to REONE and SUBONE.