What's Better in terms of Pacino flicks

Atticus

Voted for Heat, but it was a tough choice between that and scarface...they're both so good, but so different.

First time I saw Scarface I was feeling physically ill for all the wrong stuff committed in that movie, then again heat was the perfect entertaining hollywood movie without the usual lack of realism and credibility and bullshit. all great actors (only minus is nat portman who fucked up later with those star wars mistakes. this really disturbs me when I'm watching this movie...)

the top scenes from these movies:

Scarface: Chainsaw bathroom scene, tops most horror movies in shock-effect straight away, hands down, nuff said.

Heat: the final bankruptcy scene and the shootout: the ultimate bestness. just listen to those gun sounds. note how the runaway driver gets killed mercilessly without a decent camera cut. just pure raw DRAMA. that's how it should be EVERY TIME: no last words or nothing. ...yeah

and to keep shit really balanced, I gotta admit Scarface has my fav quote of all time in the movie history: "you die, motherfucker"

got carried away a bit but I blame it on coffee

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

al pacino has almost become a caricature of himself.

scarface was such an over-the-top movie in terms of excess, so the hammy acting was accceptable..but in Heat, dude just got out of control. that roaring and shit was a little too much. i really dug that movie, and his workaholic crazed cop character, but i think you are missing som eof pacino's best work..

understated and powerful in Godfather one and two, he brought a command that the role demanded.

as far as more recent shit, even though i was pissed that the movie diverted so incredibly far from the true story, i thought he was good as ol' horsecock in Donnie Brasco

Originally posted by Atticus@Feb 16 2005, 03:12 AM

or maybe who likes Throne of Blood more than Rashomon (both by Akira Kurosawa),

seven samurai is in my opinion kurosawas best work, followed by ran. 3. yojimbo 4. rashomon 5. hidden fortress 6. sanjuro 7. after that it all sorta gets blurry. kurosawa is a fucking genius, one of the best directors ever.