Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
most if not all writers go through the experience, you dive in head first having done nothing, then attempt pieces with no can control, thats a fact, you cant deny that, and you dont have to tell me im wack, you can if it makes you feel better, we all know it, but your new stuff isnt so hot. ive made cleaner pieces after drinking a fifth, seriously. i guess your dad is all better. hows your brother?

this guy!! :lol: :lol: i told you once, i guesss i have to tell you again. PM ME IF YOU WANT TO TALK. dont act like you have any authority to talk about what "all writers go through"... you're not up! and we both know what they'd remember your shit by.

Lets compare Graff to music for a minute.

Music is definately evolving every second.

New instruments, computers, better production, etc.

Listen to some of your favorite songs, no matter what genre.

They all have sounds that have been used before, melodies, rhythm, etc.

Alot of music now emulates music from decades past.

Rock took it back to the 60's and 70's.

Electro takes it from the 70's disco scene.

The music itself is definately progressing, but its not forgetting its infleunces.

You hear those influences project through the music.

This rings true in every art form. From sculpture, to painting, to movies....

So if we consider graffiti to be an art form...

How is a hip-hop producer using a guitar riff from a 60's rock song dubbed over a cumputer generated drum beat any different from doing a 70's piece remixed with some 80's funk with a little of your own flair thrown in for good taste?

i couldnt agree with this more. im not tryin to argue even though i think someone is right. that is some gay ego shit. im not from frisco as everyone and their mom knows and i thought saf was some newbie tryin to rock some oldschool shit because he was hopping on that emo artfag "i do graff for the fun of it and dont give a shit if it looks good" bandwagon. props to old school cats that still do their thing. someone post some old saf and educate my tourist ass.