Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by hava_nagila@May 3 2005, 05:41 PM

the whole internet sucks.

things were better when you had to do some figurin' out

to figure things out.

The internet, the movies and magazines killed graff. Like Hava said you have kids that don;t try to figure things out for themselves or pay their dues and try to come out as kings right out of the gate and it doesn't work like that. The kids who get good are the ones who start from the basics, developing a nice tag, then a throw up and then straight letters and then working up from there. Too many kids these days see say a Revok or Saber piece in a magazine or on the net and try to paint with that style yet it's so complex they don't get it so their shit is whack. Yeah they start to paint cleaner in time but their style still sucks because they don;t understand it. If you start with the basics and pay your dues and work your way up you'll go alot farther in this game style wise. As I said in my earlier post with the Senor piece..it's soooo simple yet sooooo funky...Look at Dug's pieces...super simple yet really funky and clean as fuck...People need to bring it back to the way it was because it's going in the WRONG direction!!!

Originally posted by EPMDfan+May 3 2005, 08:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EPMDfan - May 3 2005, 08:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hava_nagila@May 3 2005, 05:41 PM

to figure things out.

The internet, the movies and magazines killed graff. Like Hava said you have kids that don;t try to figure things out for themselves or pay their dues and try to come out as kings right out of the gate and it doesn't work like that. The kids who get good are the ones who start from the basics, developing a nice tag, then a throw up and then straight letters and then working up from there. Too many kids these days see say a Revok or Saber piece in a magazine or on the net and try to paint with that style yet it's so complex they don't get it so their shit is whack. Yeah they start to paint cleaner in time but their style still sucks because they don;t understand it. If you start with the basics and pay your dues and work your way up you'll go alot farther in this game style wise. As I said in my earlier post with the Senor piece..it's soooo simple yet sooooo funky...Look at Dug's pieces...super simple yet really funky and clean as fuck...People need to bring it back to the way it was because it's going in the WRONG direction!!!

[/b]

thats right kids...you cant do algebra if you dont learn how to add and subtract.... :king:

Originally posted by razor_ramon+May 3 2005, 06:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (razor_ramon - May 3 2005, 06:39 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by EPMDfan@May 3 2005, 08:52 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-hava_nagila@May 3 2005, 05:41 PM

to figure things out.

thats right kids...you cant do algebra if you dont learn how to add and subtract.... :king:

[/b]

NIIICCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love2:

wait... we were talking about letters, and then it got

switched to numbers...

...but really I guess as long as everyone knows that looking

at graffiti on the internet is a mirror image of another mirror image,

and the second mirror is broken and dirty and has waaaaay too many videos of people eating poop and having sex with animals (so ive heard) then i guess we're all agreed.

if anyone has the headroom to fit this in then go to this page and read this.