Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just wait patiently for the day people acuse me of biting.

Like, one kid on here, after my several rants about taking used names, dug up a piece of graffitti painted by a guy who writes SATIRE and said, "See! Even SATIRE is used!"

AND IT WAS A PIECE I PAINTED.

Honestly, everyone bites someone. Even if they don't mean to. Every time you draw someone else's cartoon character, you are biting. Every time you are influenced to do something a certain way, you are biting. And the person you bit from also was biting from someone who influenced them. That's art. No artist exists in a vacuum.

I've heard other writers say that if you do something wild, you're basically biting DONDI at some point. Graff is full of ridiculous egos and some of them are deserving and some are not. The writers who remain humble can do just as well as the ones who don't so bragging vs. humbleness isn't a "this is better than that" type of thing.

I've already put too many words in here so to help break up all the talk, here's my latest shiznit. I don't normally post in the toy forum because I'm not a toy but I feel like I should put something in here to make up for all the talk:

072007.jpg

Also: this was straight up inspired by a piece Totem2:

totem2.jpg

So is this a bite? It was an influence on me, but only in sparking an idea. Our letters and color schemes are NOTHING alike but the central idea is similar.

Anyway, enough talk. Just my twenty-two thousand cents on the issue.

rah_to_rath_comparison.jpg

Seriously, show me the bite. That's an exact trace of RATH and compare it to the two different RAH pieces and the letters really don't look at all alike.

The R is slightly similar but that probably has more to do with the fact it's an R and less to do with biting.

But anyway, I'm the first to scream about using an established writer's name but this cat is not using an established writer's name as far as I know.

And duse, no disrespect cuz I love your shit but if you feel that way, just think what people could say about you and DOSE who I just caught a ton of flicks of from ATL. Cat is crazy up with freights and all.

I think we all need to back off and let the guy do his thing.

thanks for the back up there man. really appreciated, glad to know someone can just stay chill and not call a bite at everything he sees

sect

good stuff

especialy the 2nd one and the bottom one

keep it up

its funny, I actualy used to write sect when i started, they just buffed the last existing hand i did yesterday.

and joewinmor

lose the extention, check out sect's shit he's got the letter structure rocking correctly