Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8605d5c9.jpg

started a new sketch the other day, any advice on how to finish it? peace. critz would be appriciated too.

do u use a colorless blender marker for that or do u just lightly apply it ?

i have tried a few different methods for blending prismas but i havent tried the blender

cant get it to blend smoothly enough

any advice?

edit- pm me cuz i will probably forget to check back

a couple new things i have been fuckin with.....

new-maso12.jpg

^^ just kinda messin around with this one

new-maso9.jpg

^^just a quick whatever

new-maso11.jpg

^^really hate the background on this one

new-maso10.jpg

^^kinda like this one but parts i hate

**edit- i just noticed the scanner fucked this one up a bit especially on the "S"

i think i sneezed when i was scanning it.

new-maso13.jpg

^^another quick one

any crits welcome

peace.

@ melbs scum

i believe there is already a RISE, most likely not in Aust. (idunno where hes from)

your R: the second leg is horribly sized

your I: doesnt look bad at all cept that dot looks a lil funny

your S: good

your E: the reoutlining on this letter sucks, and the bottom had of this letter doesnt really fir the top

good start for a new word tho

Is this for newcomers?

or people who consider themselves toys?

I just need to know.

both, once you drop some illness here, we let you go....we do this because a lot of ppl who think they are good suck, so just drop anything here and let us rip you apart...

@Melbs Scum

i awnsered so ya.....w.e

i been trying to write for about 2 years but there is no one around me to i guess take me under their wing, i have read alot of the tips on here and they have been very helpful, but it seems like no matter how hard i try i dont really advance, i mean i look back at my old sketchs and i can see i have grown but it seems like everyone hates on my stuff still, this is something i love doing and it makes me feel good, but is my stuff that bad???

ps. i have done real stuff this is just the only picture i have from a friends phone, i have at least 2 sketch books full and i do at least one throw a day, and im constantly doing marker tags....is there anything i am missing that is not already in these forums???

Photo-0006.jpg

well CAPER, theres about 4 other writers i know with your name (just a side note, not really an issue at this point)

you just overall appear to lack artistic skill, which is fine, so do i, but i have taught myself to write(im not sayin im good, its just different skills and a matter of learning)

heres some stuff i see:

LETTER SIZING, from letter to letter it appears your shit is getting smaller, idunno if its the camera angle, or intentional, just something i see

HANDSTYLE, at the bottom, sucks, its just letters, doesnt appear to have any style.

ADD ONS, the bubbles are horribly placed and dont fit at all, the doller signs dont look bad

honestly, its not THAT bad, try looking at other pieces and try to get a sense of the style and fill of letters, how they are molded, how they stick out, try and find what makes the piece look good....try incorparating those things into your sketches....am i saying bite??? maybe, as long as you dont take credit...you gotta learn what makes the piece work and why it works and looks good

~pc~

well CAPER, theres about 4 other writers i know with your name (just a side note, not really an issue at this point)

you just overall appear to lack artistic skill, which is fine, so do i, but i have taught myself to write(im not sayin im good, its just different skills and a matter of learning)

heres some stuff i see:

LETTER SIZING, from letter to letter it appears your shit is getting smaller, idunno if its the camera angle, or intentional, just something i see

HANDSTYLE, at the bottom, sucks, its just letters, doesnt appear to have any style.

ADD ONS, the bubbles are horribly placed and dont fit at all, the doller signs dont look bad

honestly, its not THAT bad, try looking at other pieces and try to get a sense of the style and fill of letters, how they are molded, how they stick out, try and find what makes the piece look good....try incorparating those things into your sketches....am i saying bite??? maybe, as long as you dont take credit...you gotta learn what makes the piece work and why it works and looks good

~pc~

true that but i also think caper is just a hard word to do a throw with, the only real person i've seen do ill throws with similar letters is COPE from ny,

with the hollow bone o's and p's...and there is already a old school Caper from boston so.

i guess waht im tryna say is that i think those letters in general arent easy to make em look good as a throw.

maybe try dead letters instead? but on this thread, most of the advises are repetetive.

stick to simples, balance it out and everything.

new word. critz please. done pretty quick. ill post a better one i fixed up later. critz on this tho

i believe rise is in hawaii. from what i heard its some old school cat.you can see some of his work in the hawaiian brickslayer thread page590 or 589 sometin like that.

i believe rise is in hawaii. from what i heard its some old school cat.you can see some of his work in the hawaiian brickslayer thread page590 or 589 sometin like that.

theres also a famous old skool Ryze in boston. and think about it tho,

i bet you there are so many Ryze/Rize across the states, dont you

think its an over used word unless ur an old skool dude who was the 1st

ones to write that word? i guess you can practice with those letters but

dont make it ur word.

uuhh... would this be considered toy worK?

MLOCK0.jpg

feedback would be appreciated.

being able paint is one thing but letter structure is another. and plus,

you got your high lights wrong. high lights go on the opposite side of

where the 3d hits. you have it on the same side. M looks more like a

throw. and O's too small and also needs to be more rounded i guess

also the C and the K is off poportionally. if you dont have letter structure

down than you have no starting point even if you can paint with cans.

aight yall. preciate the criticism. i've got way better sketches than i do paintings. i just gotta develop more can control, and just keep developing my style. and thanks, youngonE for the highlight tips. i did notice that after i painted it.. haha