Toys post here...

swif1

Gen, your doing allot of interesting things with some of those letters. I like that, it’s extremely important. However, there are many things that just aren't working at all. The main issue is proportions. If you’re trying to make a straight edge of a letter, really try and make it straight. Also, be mindful of were you put your little jagged edges. This is a very common mistake among beginners. When beginners see a nice burner, they see allot of edges, and funky sharp corners. Don't just randomly put little jags here and there and think you’re gonna have style. The style comes from the characteristics of the lines that form the letters, letters that are most likely proportional.

Another thing is your 3D is way off. Try looking at a bookshelf, or a table. Notice the perspective from different angles. Understanding an actual 3D object will, of course, help you render a 3D object proportionally.

tell me if this helps

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

^ i agree with all that, i gotta add something though, arrows in that first one are too much, myt best advise is to not use arrows or addons till u understand them and where they need to go, i figured it out by basicly studying opthers and trying to get why there was a arrow or an extension there, but i do not meen bite the shit just look at it and figure it out..iduno thats my 2 cents

Hey man at least he's doing more than you. And yeah kid if you actually did buy that program then you better learn from that shit and apply those skillz to a fucking wall man because for 299 bux that better be giving you free krylon cans in the pack. haha but yeah i'm outtie.

Purchase Graffiti Fonts CDROM v3.0 NOW!

$299.99

this is a bad idea .. real bad ... learn on your own

wtf u on about wot u fink exchanging is about' date=' its to see new styles stuff that isnt in your country, and we asked for pros / burners opinions not wak ppl that thing their famous e.g bill cosby[/quote']

do you know him have you met him then shut the fuck up

yo chili the top one aint to bad, its def. an improvement for you, the bottom blockletters im glad you did them because they're full of mistakes, but learn from your mistakes, heres some quick tips....

1.sitck with all lower case or all upper case for now, it'll make it easier to develop your own style...

2. look at the proportions, make sure you keep thickness as constant as possible if the letter calls for it, your H is too wide, and your C looks messed up, ill show you in the pic below what i mean... your i's even though lower case are a bit too thin, if your gonna use lowercase next to uppercase for i' and l's make them just a bit thicker so it doesnt look as awkward...

3. forget shadows and 3D effects for right now, just focus on form and creating a handstyle, i have tips for that too...

For your handstyle think rounder man and let if flow, sure its cool to have sharp corners here n there but its gotta look like it flows man, here are sum suggestions for ya...

10002.gif

hope it helps feel free to use those handstyles or work off em

thanks for the crit, should help me improve :)

The reason why people who know what they're talking about don't give advice in this thread is because the hard earned skills and secrets are passed on to those deamed worthy to carry them with respect. And it's almost always somebody in REAL LIFE! It's simply a waste of time to coach annonomous screenames.

the brutal truth guys

Yea must say man, thats very true. There's limitations to tha advice ya can get off here...if you see someone talk ya through doing a sick outline, nothing beats tha. Get out there in tha big wide world. Thats were graff belongs not on this site. I understand ya can't all go out and find a sick writer who can take you under his wings but ya gotta understand ya gonna find it real hard to become a great writer without some help from a real writer.

Just do ya thing though lads...like I said before if ya heart is in it, what's stopping ya :D