www.FUCKTHESOUTH.com

Guest imported_b0b

Originally posted by villain@Nov 11 2004, 07:35 PM

Also strange how George W. Bush reminds me of King George III. Maybe we need another revolution.

quotes taken from: http: //www.tarpley.net/bushb.htm

which i think villain posted a week or so ago.

George was named after his grandfather, George Herbert Walker. Since George's mother called Grandfather Walker `` Pop, '' she began calling her son, his namesake, `` little Pop, '' or `` Poppy. '' Hence, Poppy Bush is the name the President's family friends have called him since his youth.

Poppy Bush's father and mother anxiously promoted the family's distinguished lineage, and its growing importance in the world. Prescott Bush claimed that he `` could trace his family's roots back to England's King Henry III, making George a thirteenth cousin, twice removed of Queen Elizabeth. ''

This particular conceit may be a bad omen for President Bush. The cowardly, acid-tongued Henry III was defeated by France's Louis IX (Saint Louis) in Henry's grab for power over France and much of Europe. Henry's own barons at length revolted against his blundering arrogance, and his power was curbed.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ok, white trash.....have you noticed that all the states that have the big cities that matter were won by KERRY or did that part fly over your head? And as for Monument Ave in Richmond,VA.....you have to be fucking kidding us. Are you aware of the way those stupid idiots acted when they put up the Arthor Ash monument? Yeah, that's right...they didn't want it because he was black. Boo fucking hoo. When it boils down to it.....smart people that actually care about their futures voted for Kerry....they researched everything instead of jumping on a fucking bandwagon because their friends were already on it. But hey, Bush is in office once again and we have four more years to deal with his dumb shit....I hope he dies.

Those graphics that depict the political shake-out in varying hues of red-blue-purple are very illuminating, and are, I think, a much more accurate explanation of how the vote went than the "all red- all blue" winner-takes-all maps. The maps showing the "islands" of red and blue within the state carried by the opposing party are pretty good too. I hadn't seen any maps like this before, and it does clarify things quite a bit.

The statement that I am a one-issue voter isn't really true. I am concerned about other issues besides the RTKBA, but it is the one issue that I believe to be the most important. Things like "prayer in the schools" seems like a non-issue to me. Back in the '60s, when we had organized morning school prayers read over the P.A. system, right before the Pledge of Allegiance, I didn't pray. I wasn't a Christian, and hadn't been since I was about six. I didn't care what the school authorities said or didn't say, I did not intend to pray and nobody could make me. My teachers (probably all good Christians) loathed me, and I could not have cared less. I sat quietly at my desk with my arms folded (everybody else was standing with their heads bowed) until the prayer was over and the Pledge was recited. I stood up with my hand over my heart for the Pledge, but I didn't recite it, either.

The prayers were always "non-denominational" prayers, calculated to avoid sectarianism (Catholic-Protestant-Jew.) Once a girl in my class asked me why I didn't stand for the prayer, and I said "I do my praying at home." I was too cool to pray in public.

Now, of course, I am a Christian. So if there's a prayer, regardless of where it is, I join in and participate. I have attended synogogues, and participated in the services, although I could not understand 95% of what was going on (since it was mostly in Hebrew), I figured God wouldn't hold that against me.

I've never attended a Muslim religious ceremony, although my friend Mo is Muslim (married to a Jehovah's Witness, of all people.) He and I discussed Muslim holidays like Ramadan and so on, but I don't know much about Islam. He's a pretty laid back guy. He smokes, but doesn't drink alcohol.

Other issues, like gay marriage, are the sort of issues that everybody makes a big deal about, and then ten years later it's like it was never an issue. Eventually, homosexuals will have some sort of legal partnership rights. They can get married any time they please by simply getting a bunch of friends and family together, two wedding bands, a cake, and somebody to say "Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded wife? Er,...spouse! Uh,...whatever." The shared insurance benefits and all that will eventually get here, it's just that the tightasses can't deal with it yet.

Abortion is a done did deal. I supported the legalization of abortion, back in the '70s. I seriously doubt that anyone is ever going to overturn it. I wish it was a lot less common than it is, but "what da fuck." It's no longer a concern for me. The anti-abortion people rant and rave and picket and get all worked up, and for what? Because people who would make lousy parents and who don't want a baby in the first place want to abort their unborn kid? "Oh well." Tough shit for the kid, but he doesn't get to vote. If he could, he'd probably say something like "I want to be born, but not to these two fucking idiots!" If you don't want your unborn baby to be aborted by your casual sex partner, best vote "no" by keeping your dick in your pants, I guess. Or get a vasectomy maybe.

In the end, it all boils down to "What do YOU care about?" Vote your conscience, or stay home and drink martinis, whatever. We do not live in a democracy, nor have we EVER lived in a democracy. In fact, many of the Founding Fathers hated the very idea of "democracy." To them, democracy was about like communism is today.

We live, for better or for worse, in a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC, with a DEMOCRATIC FORM OF GOVERNMENT. If it was a democracy, every decision would be made by a direct vote, sort of like an anarchist commune. We elect representatives. THEY decide FOR us.

It is not a perfect system, but it's better than any of the so-called alternatives. It is in my opinion, anyway.

Archived