Caseks-Computer-Corner

RumPuncher

Guest Sparoism

Compaq Armada m700, 400 MhZ PII, 128 MB RAM, 6 GB HD running Slax 5.0.6 Kill Bill. I installed it to the HD and used cfdisk partition hd5 as the 1GB swap and hd1 is now 5GB bootable Linux.

Stole/edited an earlier post.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Mainter+Feb 9 2006, 02:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mainter - Feb 9 2006, 02:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lord_casek@Feb 9 2006, 01:53 AM

oh, go a few pages back. flour girl

wow.

oh i forgot i got into your photobucket account (make the password harder next time) anyway lol you got some ummmm questionable photos on there

[/b]

your point?

Originally posted by lord_casek+Feb 9 2006, 01:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lord_casek - Feb 9 2006, 01:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mainter@Feb 9 2006, 02:57 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-lord_casek@Feb 9 2006, 01:53 AM

oh, go a few pages back. flour girl

wow.

oh i forgot i got into your photobucket account (make the password harder next time) anyway lol you got some ummmm questionable photos on there

your point?

[/b]

simmer down dont have to get all defensive

Guest Sparoism

Well, carry on without me, guys...off to bed.

I'll check in tomorrow, Mainter. But, Casek, if that distro is all that, I'll try it out. What the hey.

well I uninstalled the norton firewall and tried to install it again and there seems to be some error so it's good news and bad news...the good news is my shit actually works now and the bad news is my dad is gonna kill me when he finds out I uninstalled the firewall and the cd don't work to install it again...

tell him a hacker got into the computer lastnight and disabled the firewall so you had to hurry up and download another one to try to stop him that should work because it can happen

yeah and anyway you should have said something before you uninstalled it you have to have norton compltey closed then you can uninstall, if you don't it will corrupt the install files in the registry because norton keeps track of the files and shit so now you have to go into the registry and delete traces of the files before you can reinstall i will look up some tools to remove it i had a problem with a norton systemtools that had the same problem of the uninstall it was hell

hah I don't get those wacky symbols no more and I can run my norton firewall...sweet but weird...but umm i'm about to install norton system works 2006 on my computer now...I got it off of bearshare it has the serial number and all that shit...so I have to close my firewall before I install this? when I right click on it it won't let me exit it only lets me disable it so how do I close it if I have to?

yeah pretty much systemworks has data recovery on it but they all suck just get ADVAST! antivirus its the best norton sucks just takes up room, for the firewall get zonealarm, and turn on windows xp sp2 firewall go buy a router and plug it in its a hardware firewall between your dsl/cable modem connection if you use dial up you do not need a firewall cause your IP address changes everytime you sign on so hackers cannot trace you ummmm for spyware download ad aware and spybot them 2 working together work just fine

ummmm and them other tools on norton systemwork/tools are just registry cleaners and cookie cleaners just download ccleaner and you already got TuneUp Utilities 2006 you got them all and its free :love2: