Let's Play Name That Artist

mellowmike

I understand the concern about mixing artists together. I will try to be more careful. Adding more than one artist gives my buyers more value - that's the ony reason I do it. A car with one piece versus a car with 2-4 pieces. I had no idea about the rivalry some painters have.

Incidentally - I finished another model. This one has a beautiful cartoon character of a fox on it.

http://www.mellowmike.com/FR8_Cars/SSW77629_A.jpg

I don't know who did it. I was not faithful in leaving it placed where he painted it... because I scooched it to the center of the car. Sorry. The real piece was covering the Golden West logo. And when I snapped the photo, I forgot to write the car number down. So it doesn't match.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by jazz technic@Nov 4 2004, 06:36 PM

http://www.mellowmike.com/FR8_Cars/MP_Closeup.html

why is my tag flipped on there?? :hatred:

Yikes! Which one...??? The 2nd one from the left?

Most look readable to me.

It could be when I took it off the Net, it was flipped. Or, when the decal was floating in the dish of water, it rolled over, and I didn't know which side was up. That's one possibility.

But tell me which one...

Originally posted by mellowmike+Nov 5 2004, 03:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mellowmike - Nov 5 2004, 03:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jazz technic@Nov 4 2004, 06:36 PM

http://www.mellowmike.com/FR8_Cars/MP_Closeup.html

why is my tag flipped on there?? :hatred:

Yikes! Which one...??? The 2nd one from the left?

Most look readable to me.

It could be when I took it off the Net, it was flipped. Or, when the decal was floating in the dish of water, it rolled over, and I didn't know which side was up. That's one possibility.

But tell me which one...

[/b]

you are correct sir, 2nd from the left. no big deal, its just wierd to see something i did turn up somewhere like that, and with my luck its upside down :haha: anyhoo, your work is great, feel free to use me anytime ;)

you are correct sir, 2nd from the left. no big deal, its just wierd to see something i did turn up somewhere like that, and with my luck its upside down :haha: anyhoo, your work is great, feel free to use me anytime ;)

How embarrassing. Okay that was my fault. I will have to run a make-good (as we used to say in the newspaper ad profession). Watch for a corrected right-side-up version on a future car.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by 99centsAcan@Nov 26 2004, 10:38 PM

yea thats some good work mellow just curious on what kinda paints orpens u used for ur model freights?

I'm using old paints that I've had in storage for 18 years.

Humbrol military enamels

Polly-S D&D figure paint

And some black and brown artist tube acrylic paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived