Cellphones

JohnnyLode

sony ericsson z1010 has too many faults to name. its a shame since sony ericssons are generally pretty good. as you said its huge, and as could be expected the video camera and normal camera functions are thoroughly average. i don't know what 3g is like on vodaphone, but its just not up to speed on orange. the cross over between 3g cells and 2.5g cells often leaves the phone with no signal at all. i know a few people with z1010s with beta software on, and if they're anything to go by then i would avoid them, at least until orange sort out their 3g network properly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not cross network calls that are the problem.

it might be different in london/surrounding area, but the rest of the country doesnt have full 3g coverage yet. consiquently in areas without 3g coverage your phone will log back onto 2.5g. however there are certain issues with the transfer process and this often leaves the phone with no signal. like i said vodaphone may have ironed these bugs out, or maybe there is a blanket 3g coverage in london, but people i know in bristol are still having network problems with the z1010.

although i dont know why i care since im still rocking the t610 like virtually everybody else- it must be the most common phone since the nokia 3210

Guest imported_b0b

I'm not in London, but am in the SE so have good coverage. However certain parts of the site I work on don't have 3g and it switches from 2.5g to 3g and back again ok.

But the T610 is definately ubiquitous!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Tesseract

I have a 110 euros off in any phone i want...i'm seriously thinking of getting this one, nice phone and a 1.3 MP camera..

GPD_10316high_45_0_4000.jpg

Archived