Margaret Kilgallen on PBS Art:21

ZENYTH.ASP

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

i saw a bit of it.

kcts in seattle is going to show it again at the end of the month.

if you don't get kcts, then go to pbs.org and you should be able to

get your local station and find out when it will be aired again....if they

don't have plans to air it again, remember that its public television, just

bug the shit out of them and if they get enough feedback they'll show it

again. from what i saw both of them had some interesting things to say...

and the art was nice.

i didn't quite see it and they showed it twice. but i hear it was good.i can prolly get someone to tape it for you if you provide the tape. pluse, KQED, the channel that showed it, is right up the block from where i work. so that is another option. you can even go to www.hifiart.com forum and look under photo galleria. we started a topic on her. and even on there, there are a lot of people that saw it. so maybe you can get someones info. so many choices!

i caught it the first night it was out...it was the same night they did that all network telethon for the victims of 9/11....i ended up not watching the telethon (which i thought was wack, but done in good taste for those who died) and ended up watching art 21 on PBS. it was ill...barry gets down with painting, and both barry and magaret do some streaks on some trains...good show...i recomend you pick it up if you can get a copy, the whole thing was good, not just the section on barry and margaret....

i was planning to watch it the first night too. but it was cancelled for the telethon. then the next week i check it, it was cancelled again for a rerun of the telethon. and it was supposed to play at like 3 in the morning the next week, some news program replaced it. and i don't think my local pbs station ever plans to play it.

Guest Can you sign my book???

I dont know if this makes sense...But Im an art school reject, and watching this and seeing her and Barrys work, is just straight inspiring...It makes me feel like less of a dirtbag...I hope that one day, I can pick myself out the shit that is my life, and be and an artist like them...To be a vandal, with knowledge, and street cred, is a goal to be achieved...Mucho respecto.........

There's also a companion book that goes along with the "series" (4 episodes don't constitute a series for me)... It goes way more in depth than the show did. Of course, the book will run you a good $60 in the US so that makes it about $300 in Canada.

And as a side note that only slightly related, there's this magazine called Anthem that is fairly new as far as I know. The latest issue has a big interview with Ed Templeton and he lists his most influential artists... and who rounds out the top 5? Margaret Kilgallen. Word.

Art school dropouts, unite.

Archived