Burners and Style!

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I agree that it looks really familiar, but I don't know if you could really say that's biting.

Before the internet and biting becoming acceptable, I've seen artists who haven't seen each others work develop similar styles.

It could go either way, but if you can't put your finger on who dude is biting you can't really say it's biting if you can't show who did what first.

I'm not talking about breaking everything down to bits and pieces, we'd all be biters, I'm talking letterforms.

I agree that it looks really familiar, but I don't know if you could really say that's biting.

Before the internet and biting becoming acceptable, I've seen artists who haven't seen each others work develop similar styles.

It could go either way, but if you can't put your finger on who dude is biting you can't really say it's biting if you can't show who did what first.

I'm not talking about breaking everything down to bits and pieces, we'd all be biters, I'm talking letterforms.

i agree with you, except i've heard this statement before. its kind of a given

at this point that with the internet, everybodies techniques and styles have

evolved. that piece looks like someone in MSK did it. i dont know who this

cat is down with, if hes down with MSK, ill revoke my claim (no pun intened),

but thats what it reminds me of.

bottomline is that the piece definitely rocks, i couldnt compete with that.

that taboo by kem, holy shit!

Diamond fills, melting letter effects etc. All the 'hot', tron looking, 80s sci-fi, 300 colour latest internet trends. This shit is fucking lame. This kinda shit will burn out faster than those ridiculous perspective 3d pieces from around 2000.

3580480457_6b509ba344_b.jpg

Serch MVP has the best graffiti thats been in this thread in a while.

The difference is clear. One is graffiti, the other.. well who knows. Being the next guy to bite a net trend in a long line of others is piss poor and should be called out more often.

finally some one sees the light, that new colorful shit is wack. yea the dudes got paint skills but no LETTERS!!

Diamond fills, melting letter effects etc. All the 'hot', tron looking, 80s sci-fi, 300 colour latest internet trends. This shit is fucking lame. This kinda shit will burn out faster than those ridiculous perspective 3d pieces from around 2000.

004966_3.jpg

"them new fangled rap letters are too this and too that, i'm old and can't handle change, where's my prune juice!?!?!"

i will agree with you, that serch/herz mvp-nes dudes are some of the best shit to pop up on here lately...

but i also will tell you to quit bitching, just because you can't figure out that there are dope letters in that piece doesn't mean the whole style is shit. I've seen omega do similar letters (minus all the color eel-squiggles) and nobody bitched when they saw that.

y'all mad.

*forehead slapping edit: the previous history of this thread is telling me that i'm probably going to get 100 angry old school dudes telling me i'm an asshole now... oh well, someone had to say it. (just like y'all think some one had to "say" what he said about that style in the first place)

Honestly.. it's very easy to see those letters and they are booty. Entry level graff letters, I see it quite often on here. Yes that Amuse is nice to look at... the eye candy is there with the trends and effects. Obviously these guys got some nice paint and caps and learned how to do art on a wall, but style takes years and it is harder to look at graff on 12oz and duplicate or create your own original style. It takes work.. a ton of it. Lets see some of these guys use all rusto colors and do a sick piece... the focus would be on the style, not the trends/effects and they would fail.

I posted this for a reason. To show real skills without the flash.

serval.jpg

• Like 2