TheAbstractThread..

0RB1T0N3R

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SiempreUno

mdkill..... even though those are incredible paintings and art works.... theyre not abstract, those are surreal... people get that mixed up way to often. surreal is when theres recognizable things in the painting, such as human form or other real objects, in situations that are most likely not real.

just a heads up from an art fag

morge uzi

theres actually some depate over what "abstact art" really is. i mean, you can do "abstractions" of imagery and still render it recognizably.....(sorry, too wordy) im just saying its a pretty broad term..i just remember my high school art teacher telling us we were going to do "abstract paintings" and we werent allowed to use any recognizable imagery...i wanted to kill her.

Originally posted by JohnnyLode

You guys seem to be confusing two art terms here.

Abstract: Art that departs signifcantly from natural appearances. Forms are modified or changed to varying degrees in order to emphasize certain qualities or content. Recognizable references to original appearances may be very slight.

Nonrepresentational: Art without reference to anything outside itself -without representation. Also called "nonobjective" - without recognizable objects.

Although the term abstract is commonly used and is used to describe nonrepresentational art there is a difference. That first post looks to be mostly nonrep while the latter few from some pittsburgh flavor do not. Those digital pictures/designs are great by the way. Just dropping some info...

Archived