TheAbstractThread..

0RB1T0N3R

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys seem to be confusing two art terms here.

Abstract: Art that departs signifcantly from natural appearances. Forms are modified or changed to varying degrees in order to emphasize certain qualities or content. Recognizable references to original appearances may be very slight.

Nonrepresentational: Art without reference to anything outside itself -without representation. Also called "nonobjective" - without recognizable objects.

Although the term abstract is commonly used and is used to describe nonrepresentational art there is a difference. That first post looks to be mostly nonrep while the latter few from some pittsburgh flavor do not. Those digital pictures/designs are great by the way. Just dropping some info...

I dont think i'm being bitchy when i say WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR OPINION I mean what i say, Its just the truth If you dont think that abstract art informs Graffiti as an art form and vfice versa then yes that is your opinion and you are intitled to it but what fucking difference does it make?

No one cares what you think.

People are clearly enjoying this thread and posting up some interesting art. So why stomp all over it trying to get it closed ?

eh?

Answer that?:mad:

Originally posted by *Destroyin'*

ohh shit...

people like you ruin the graffiti culture..

you stupid TOY fucker

Thats right i am a toy fuker!

look i'm fucking you right now!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by *Destroyin'*

actually

I'ts not graffiti...

it's kinda stupid artfags's works

close this thread :sick:

funny how its not graffiti... yet the two writers i mentioned have been painting for a decade and have done more illegal shit than youve done sketches.

Graffiti is defined as "A drawing or inscription, made with mixed media, made on a wall or other surface, usually so as to be seen by the public. Often used in the plural"

So theoretically this isn't graffiti untill it meets the criterea set in the definition, the same with doing a sketch on a canvas that's totally Public Style and calling it graffiti. It isn't.

Thats bullshit...

Graffiti is not confined to rules and regulations...

There is no set of rules that graffiti has to conform to...

If it involves spray paint, markers, and lettering, its graffiti...

And using your definition: "A drawing or inscription, made with mixed media, made on a wall or other surface" abstract art can fulfill that description...

Archived