bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
how about just dont assume and dont ride around w/ some stupid quicksilver sequence palying in your brain. i swear, im so over watching people buck their hips and be on any type of bicycle at all. fuck it, fuck yall. peace

whatever hesh, you're getting the wrong idea. i ride defensively as hell. sometimes you can't escape the area of an oncoming car and you of all people should know that, especially seeing as how fast a car can accelerate from stop vs. how fast a bike can. i don't "buck" my hips when i ride and my seatpost is fitted correctly.

got hit by a car last night coming again. it didn't really faze me this time: no injuries, bike is still ridable. the rear triangle "could" be knocked out of alignment and the rear wheel "may" need rebuilding, no apparent cracks or grinding noises though. immediately after getting knocked down i got up and scoped the license plate #, but the lady stopped and we exchanged info.

Glad you are okay.

Amazing she stopped. Good bit of luck.

Stay safe.

^ ^ ^ i've been pretty lucky in that regard. she's down to pay for any damages as well. i had a mechanic buddy true up the wheel in about 5 minutes, re-centered the axle in the dropout as things got knocked off a little, and everything seemed fine after that. almost every credible shop is closed for holidays right now, though. reynolds 520 and velocity fusions are no joke when it comes to toughness.

on a positive note, some used dura ace track cranks came in the mail today, got them for a steal :)

Fixed gear tricks are cool and whatever.

But what I think is really stupid is fitting a 650 fork and wheel to a 700c

frame to do those bar spins. Lame. I think that is poor equipment form.

Get a freestyle bike and fixhub that.

my feeling is after awhile people are going to progress to both wheels being 650c for building "trick bikes". it is bad form indeed, which is probably why the guys doing all the tricks don't overlap that much with people going really fast or doing any sort of distance.

i think doing things like wheelies, bunny hops and novelty skid tricks is a fun thing to do to kill time in an empty parking lot, but as for actually taking it seriously, going out and filming, etc... efff that. much more exciting to watch alleycats / riding done at speed.

Yeah go find what Joker said a few pages back, especially the part about a "karate monkey."

Also, I think I got my new years resolution thanks to the good boys in blue and the effectiveness of DUI laws. I'm now lookin at a six month license suspension, or six month bike suffer-thon. More centuries which'll be good because at the end of it I'm doing a 22,000 foot climb up a volcanoe on Maui in June. Im trying to find a bullet cam before then, if anyone's got suggestions there's apparently a lot of them. VholdR, Vio POV1, Vio AC3....shit's like $800 for a camera so I dunno, I'll wait until after court fees to buy one.