the radiohead topic

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest beard

fuckin sweet.

got my cds today! very nice dude, just popped it in, sounds slammin. where did you score this lil gem?

cant wait to hear that strung out disc too.

score! thanks a lot dude, i'll get you back one of these days when i get some burner access..

aw man i havent been home in like 4 days.....sweeeeet.....im gonna scoop em up after work.....nice nice nice....

soon glue ill send ya that master copy, ill throw ya treats.....gonna put sigor ros live on it too....they opened for radiohead during the euro leg of the tour....good stuff....

have an irong lung thursday.....

Guest beard

i should have waited till after i listened to give my reply..

this show is fucking insane. the 2nd disc is just electric. thats the kind of crowd you hope for at every show. shit it almost fried my computer. blazing.

hehe.. yeah, when i got it and saw mps was on there and i was stoked cause i love that song but then i listened and they played like 5 chords and stopped, i was a little let down.. hehe.. but i unastand. the crowd definitely didn't want such an awesome show to end slow and sad.

Guest beard

i was reading a review of the show and people mentioned that his piano broke, thats why it was incomplete. i really wanted to hear motion pic. too, as i havent heard it live yet, but man alive does that creep kick ass.

Motion Picture Soundtrack

Red wine and sleeping pills

Help me get back to your arms

Cheap sex and sad films

Help me get back where I belong

I think you're crazy, maybe

Stop sending letters

Letters always get burned

It's not like the movies

They fed us on little white lies

I will see you in the next life

Original last verse not included on Kid A:

Beautiful angel

Pulled apart at birth

Limbless and helpless

I can't even recognize you

I think you're crazy, maybe (x6)

I will see you in the next life

Released: October 2000

Found on: Kid A

A favorite of Thom's, he expected it to appear on OK Computer, but unfortunately the band decided not to include it. The song has been played on a few occasions on the OK Computer tour, often as a powerful encore with just his voice and an acoustic guitar.

If the future of funerals has a sound, this is it. In it's organ driven glory, "MPS" is actually one of the more put together songs and optimistic songs on the album (despite the funeral reference). This is actually the song that you hear when you're going up to Heaven and arriving at the Pearly Gates. The cascading harp ending pretty much backs up this theory.

....looks like itll be just spain and portugal....but heh theyre going back in the studio!....wohoo...

AWOL FROM UK STAGES

RADIOHEAD have confirmed that they won’t be playing any live shows in the UK until 2003.

The group will play Spain and Portugal during July and August, but have no plans to extend the tour, according to a spokesperson for the band.

The shows are aimed at road-testing new material recorded in studio sessions booked to start later this month. The intention is to play to hardcore fans, rather than what they see would be a larger, potentially more apathetic festival audience. It's something they've done before – prior to the release of 'Kid A' they played unusual venues such as amphitheatres across Europe.

The spokesperson commented: "The band will only be doing these shows in Spain and Portugal this year. 2002 is pretty much dedicated to writing and recording new material. Part of this process involves playing in the new stuff in front of an audience, hence the shows. But also they do enjoy playing in great settings and interesting venues, hence the routing."

Guitarist Jonny Greenwood previously said that the gigs are "to let [Radiohead] get their shit together" and allow the songs the chance to evolve, while fellow band member Ed O'Brien explained that they want to be "pretty self-indulgent" – avoiding large events like Glastonbury or last year's charity homecoming at South Park in Oxford.

He said: "The idea is that we don't want to do anything big. The idea is to be pretty self-indulgent – that means we'll play new material. And I don't think playing Glastonbury, or any festival, is conducive to that."

Guest beard

its all about being in control of your own career

bonus 'not worth its own thread' topic:

Today's Ebonic word is: OMELETTE

Lets use it in a sentence:

I should punch you dead in yo eye fo what you jus

sade, but OMELETTE dis one slide.

glue i got the cds man...they are great, thanks....

gotta love it when you come into work, check the voice mails, and your boy leaves motion picture soundtrack on your voice mail....yes, the live full version....and just hangs up when its over....

that and a cup of coffee and im good to go....

• 1 month later...
Guest beardo

bump for the amnesiac morning bell

over and over and

and over and over

over and over and

and over and over

over and over and

and over and over

over and over and

no doubt no doubt.....happy birthday to phil

mmmmmm...right now, feeling "blow out" hardcore.....

Blow Out

In my mind and nailed into my heels.

All the time killing what I feel.

And everything I touch

[All wrapped up in cotton wool]

[All wrapped up and sugar coated]

turns to stone.

And everything I touch

turns stone.

I am fused just in case I blow out.

I am glued just because I crack out.

Everything I touch turns to stone.

Everything I touch

Originally released: February 1993

Found on: Pablo Honey

Alternative version: remix, Creep reissue single

Jonny's favorite Pablo Honey track and the band's closing song of choice for many of the early shows, "Blow Out" is one of Thom's more personal songs about low self-esteem. On the reissue of the Creep EP, a remix of this track appears as a B-side.

some updates and shit

the bends 2?

apparently it s a japanese import, at a modest price of 40 bucks!! no new songs, dont know about cover art....seems like just a collector thing...eh?

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/pro...an=766488625127

not much more info on it though....

.........................................................................................................

Supporting band

Domino Records artist Four Tet will apparently be the opening act for the upcoming Radiohead tour in Portugal and Spain. Here's some background info about Four Tet:

Kieran Hebden is one of those impressive young geniuses whose creative juices flow like Mount Vesuvius. At 17, he co-founded the outstanding post-rock outfit Fridge, and by the following year, had already released an acclaimed solo record as Four Tet. Since then, he's managed to keep both projects going strong. Both acts forge a middle ground between "pure" electronic music and "post-rock," with Fridge tending more toward post-rock and Four Tet toward electronic. Four Tet's combination of acoustic and electronic elements sounds fresh and unique, particularly at a time when so much electronic music is conceived and produced without ever leaving the digital realm. With its extensive use of field recordings and acoustic samples, Four Tet's music sounds truly organic and alive.

.........................................................................................................

DJ Shadow and Thom

"Radiohead singer Thom Yorke was the surprise guest at DJ Shadow's Bristol gig last night (May 19). Shadow is in the UK performing a trio of shows in support of his new album 'The Private Press', which is released on June 3.

At last night's gig at the Bristol Academy, Shadow announced he had a "special guest" who would be making an appearance later in the evening.

Towards the end of his set, Yorke came on to the stage and performed the song 'Rabbit In Your Headlights'. The track doesn't feature on either of Shadow's solo albums, instead on the 1998 UNKLE album 'Psyence Fiction', on which the pair collaborated.

Speaking recently to NME.COM, Shadow, who played with Radiohead on some dates on their 'OK Computer' tour, said he remains a big fan of the group.

He revealed: "That would be amazing if they did ask me to work on something. They routinely ask me to tour with them, but the timing always seems to be wrong. Hopefully they haven't given up on me yet because I'd really like to do something with them. I'm an unequivocal fan of that group."

if you never heard "rabbit in your headlights" shadow and thom, peep it....

concert pianist chris reiley transcribes some radiohead songs for classical music. he aslo hosts a public radio show in the US called From the Top, i think for npr, which is a forum for pre-college age classical musicians

http://www.npr.org/programs/pt/features/4a.../oriley.02.html

scroll down youll find some tracks.....

later.............

hey TT, we got the scoop in here, from page four, repasted for ya! oh hell yeah they are playing some euro:

this came to me today, the rumor is, its all new songs they are trying out, unbelievable:

Hear ye, hear ye.

The following dates for Radiohead are being announced to ye

21st July '02 Lisbon, Portugal

Coliseum, Rua Portas, Santo Antão, 96 - 1100 Lisbon

26th July '02 Oporto, Portugal

Coliseum, Rua Passos Manuel, 137 - 4000 Porto

30th July '02 San Sebastian, Spain

Teatro Kursal, Avda. de Zurriola 1. 20002 Donostia-San Sebastián

5thAugust '02 Salamanca, Spain

Palacio Congresos, Cuesta Deoviedo s/n Salamanca, 37003

6thAugust '02 Salamanca, Spain

7thAugust '02 Salamanca, Spain

These shows will be small, intimate affairs, featuring a great deal of

new material.

Tickets are available starting Wednesday 20th March '02 from

http://tickets.waste.uk.com

General sale tickets will be available from all the usual outlets on

Saturday 23rd March '02 and thereafter............

Archived