Nerd status: Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence [SETI@home]

Poop Man Bob

ya mams, i been thinkin bout whether or not the weak force/strong forces would be broken with temperature. but im pretty sure everything has to have some sort of motion for it to actually feel a force. im still tryin to work it out. cus im not sure if EM would be effected. i have a feeling that they tend to. considering superconducters being the only things that have come close to absolute zero. i think there is somethin about their inherit properites that allow them to be cooled so much. but even though heat itself is a largescale measurement, it is still comprised of micro movement. if u catch what im sayin

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

just remembered this. if there is infact a relationship between vibration of strings and how that makes up everything. then absolute zero would infact have an impact on the actual structure of things. since we say that absolute zero is impossible because of the vibrating nature of matter, then im fairly certain it would affect how matter presents itself afterwards. o and mams how do u personally define time?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Right, right, but what I'm saying is that just because small-scale behavior in turn creates large-scale effects, the same might not be the same the other way around... things happening on the large scale can't bend the fundamental laws that govern them.

[ultra shitty analogy] There's a room full of basketballs bouncing around it, and these basketballs have marbles bouncing around inside them... in fact, the bouncing marbles inside is what got the basketballs moving and bouncing in the first place. Even if you stop all the basketballs and let them drop on the floor, I can't see why the marbles within them would stop moving as well. [/ultra shitty analogy]

Okay, that was a really bad analogy cause I can already find 700 different problems with it. But anyways, it's the best thing I can come up with.

In any case, we might be wasting our time discussing this, since there is no way whatsoever to bring something to absolute zero... just like we can't get over the uncertainty principle; not a matter of technology, it's just the way things are.

Time? Shit, that's a huge one... not one I feel like tackling right now near bedtime, maybe tomorrow. Can't say I have a very distinct personal opinion about it though, I agree with what's been discovered so far.

but see ur thinkin of absolute zero in macro terms, think of it in micro. i know for sure it affects atoms themselves. thats why we cant reach it cus it would cause the atoms to stop moving, and thus their components. but anywho. unless u were thinkin of atoms as macro.

as for time. i think time is a property of distance. iono, it was just an idea i had. and in regards to it bein impossible, so in theory are virtual particles, or breakin the speed of light, but as im sure u know we have found those to not be so constant as we thought. anywho thoughts for dreams. later mang

HE'S TRYING TO BREAK THE LAWS OF NATURE!!!!

If steve urkel was a gangsta...

In all seriousness shape, why not go for it? It sounds good in principle. Certainly it's bound to have some kind of unpredicted effect. Then this could lead to further conclusions and tests.

Gangsta Nerdz!!!

Where is S.Hawkman???

yall hear that shit bout hawkin gettin beat by his nurse or somethin for a while? crazy shit. why the fuck would anyone wanna beat that man. id pamper the shit outa that brain...but again it begs the question, could anyone of us be that smart if we had all the time in the world to do nthing but think?

no bout we aint got the inherit smarts. but u get my point

Damn I ain't heard about that shit. Sounds like that angel of death or kevorkian kinda shit. Yeah that's fucked up. They should put this man's brain in a jar and have it communicate with dolphins and transmit that through Aricebo and so the aliens know we ain't just listening to them on SETI.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by shape1369

yall hear that shit bout hawkin gettin beat by his nurse or somethin for a while? crazy shit. why the fuck would anyone wanna beat that man. id pamper the shit outa that brain...but again it begs the question, could anyone of us be that smart if we had all the time in the world to do nthing but think?

no bout we aint got the inherit smarts. but u get my point

Not just his nurse... she's his WIFE, Elaine Hawking. I don't know what the hell really went on, because Stephen Hawking himself says he has no knowledge or recollection of any type of abuse from her. Weird.

And remember, Hawking was ridiculously smart all his life, his motor disease set in during his 20's. All the extra time to think has made him infinitely more knowledgeable, but not necessarily smarter. I'm completely sure none of us would be anywhere near that level even if we suffered the same disorder.

Archived