63rd Infantry

Necropolis

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the biggest respect for you, simply cuz you come off original. Up till now i've not seen stuff like yours, anywhere. And even if i'm still new to writing...i believe that if a writer is not going to be original, then it defeats the whole purpouse. Half the flicks on here are more or less compilations of others styles thrown in a blender, i even admit to doin that myself...others encourage that...peer pressure, but ur stuff is truelly amazing!

Originally posted by far...

I have the biggest respect for you, simply cuz you come off original. Up till now i've not seen stuff like yours, anywhere. And even if i'm still new to writing...i believe that if a writer is not going to be original, then it defeats the whole purpouse. Half the flicks on here are more or less compilations of others styles thrown in a blender, i even admit to doin that myself...others encourage that...peer pressure, but ur stuff is truelly amazing!

Big ups man,thx.I dont think my style warants those words,but its motivating to hear comments like that.

Originally posted by onesecondple

most deff!

The one time ive been to atlanta was sometime 3 years ago on a road trip to florida with a buddy of mine.We got lost somewhere in ATL at 3.30 ish AM.We stopped at a gas station for directions.A gang of hoods' tried to jump me.I got away but almost got a healthy dosage of pain:D

ATL=Good memories:lol:

Originally posted by far...

compilations of others styles thrown in a blender, i even admit to doin that myself...others encourage that...peer pressure,

I'll conceed that thats one way of starting off.But at some point,you either have to innovate or work your own style,or throw in the towel.

At first hammer it out till you get something that pleases your own eye,fuck what your peers think..I

guess in one aspect,it is a matter of respect from your peers through quantity or quality of ones body of work

.A boatload of writters are after fame,and that is a legitimate part of this culture...BUT..

At some point,you have to contribute to this movement,you've got to bring something back to this culture,if all a writter does is bite the styles in the newest graff mag but stays "up"hes nothing but a leech to this community.A dependant on others styles/vibes/mindstates that is just a cancerous plight to us all in the end.If all you do is take from the urban arts society,youre not giving anything back and completing the circle of creation.

I guess in summation,what im trying to convey here is that its alright to build and inspire yourself from various writters and theyre styles,but bottom line,add your own feel,twist or view of things to keep it fresh and original.

This rant has been ONE disilusionned writter's opinion,opinions being like assholes,they all stink.This one being no exception so whut!:loopy:

I thank you for reading my questionnable madness/logik(all depending on your own view of things)

Slum:D

Ill be adding three or four new pieces hopefully but the end of today.

Ive had some extra time to be productive artisticaly lately.i hadent busted a sketch in a good 7 o r 8 months,but i guess winter make s you get back to basics of hittin'n the proverbial innovation avenues .

This time of the years always productive where arts concerned for me.Too cold to paint (on most days)Its always a good time to hit the Lab and concoct the latest visual detiroration .

All this drawing lately's got me FIENDING to hit some steel!!#$@% I swear those 12 oz' can be worse than a hit of prime crack rock:D

Thats about it,i got to hit a mission to get them scanned but i should have them done buy tonight(oh,and 2 of em' where assembled bearing previous posts'in this threads'suggestions in mind:lick:

Slum

That last one was just me fuckin' arround,not really graffiti related,but i didnt know where else to put it,hope no one minds.

I hadent been writting seriously for a few months,hell,i painted a few trains this summer,maybe 5,6..

I.E. not as many as i wouldve liked..With the cold months behind and still ahead,not much to do but freeze.

Lately i've been hitting the blackbooks harder than a rabbit in heat.

Its given me a craving to go and burn something soon,i think ill brave the cold one of these nights and go put up a quicky:lick:

I know im gonna be more active/producive this summer,in the past year,its like the styles that have always been inside my head somewhere have started to take shape,he,the natural progress of evolution's applicable to everything aint it.lol

All that ranting to say ima get more flics soon:D

Oh,one more thing,whats the 12oz.destuction league:king: ,an online community within a community of sorts???I WANT IN.

slum..

Archived