INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

sorry yall. i know this shit is simple,stupid, and already on here somewhere. been making kiwi mops for awile now. have no problem with making silver ones with rusto bucket. have had mad problems with the black rusto though. tried the 3/4th part bucket paint 1/4th part thinner. it always come out streaky as fuck. i add more paint and it never seems to improve(yes im using oil base). sorry can anyone give my dumb ass the page this might be on? im getting tired of wasting my black paint.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Searchin so hard for that griffin.. so hard to find.

they been holding it at the bassment...a little pricey there..speaking of the bassment- they're closing up their place on California...apparently there's a big assed sale on everything in the store including graff supplies for the rest of the month.

Im trying out different paint thinner type products and i read that xylene is a type of paint thinner. I have some of this Bug & Tar remover and on the back it says contains xylene, i smelled the stuff and it smells exactly like paint thinner. my question is will it still work the same as it?

i dunno cause that might have other stuff in it...you could always try on a REALLY TINY batch and see how it is. you might have found something amazing. i dont really wanna fuck with xylene though cause i get enough of dilute xylene from decos and zigs and unis, etc...and dont smell that shit unless youre into being a vegetable...

ok i got the pics of the ghost tag that my pen ink WITH DOT3 left on a metal electrical box. here they are for every1 who said this wouldnt work.

tag originally looked like this(the one on the left side, although this hasnt been buffed so its not the pic i have, but its the same ink)

004-1.jpg

and when buffed looks like this:

001-3.jpg

0022.jpg

These pix are at least 2 weeks after the tags were buffed so its not grase or anyhing

i tried the xylene that was in the bug and tar remover and it didn't thin the paint out. oh and on the front page it says xylene will eat through plastic but the container this was in was plastic

Straight up Xylene will eat through plastic.

When it's in a cleaner, like what you stated,

it's diluted. You only need a little bit to make

it work it's magic. That's why you only use a

little in your mop mix so it doesn't eat the

body of the marker.

Just use straight xylene as a thinner.

Works just fine.

Im going to have to check that out. The bassment on Ashland is alright, but the people that work there always check you out with that "what chou right?" kinda look. Lame. I think its time to invest in some do em dirty inside blue, since that, and the purp (chicago's own inside killer), are the only thing that stains CTA. Does anyone know if they have DED there?