MID 80'S NYC (just a couple)

SteelWheels

Originally posted by ZedIsDed

when africa islam was rockin the jam and on the other side of town was a kid named flash....patterson and milbrook projects, casanova all over you couldnt stop it. the 9 lives crew, the cypress boys, the real rock steady takin out these toys....

As hard as it looks & as wild as it seems i did'nt hear a peep from a place called ******

Not startin no beef just contiuing the moment...

Bump for the new addittions...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by zeeizm

As hard as it looks & as wild as it seems i did'nt hear a peep from a place called ******

Not startin no beef just contiuing the moment...

Bump for the new addittions...

yeah thanks to you too zee for the additions and roger. nuff respect.

as to the KRS lyric. I alwys thought he was saying :"With art that looks as wild as it seems" (meaning graffiti). Ill have to dig out all my old red alert tapes and try to find that song or cop Criminal Minded on CD.

Originally posted by perve

i dont know if wips is a undertag for someone,but im feelin it..

it dosent surprise me that a perve would be into wips, next youll be asking about chains!

4real doe!

yeah this guy wrote wips. he may have had aliases but i only knew him as Wips

Re: Re: alright then

Originally posted by joewelcome

oh yeah, i remember when i used to stay primarily by the west side of the tracks so as to avoid any metro north trains seeing me. it seemed like TFP always ran the whole spot, but especially that side. oh, and if anyone doubts how nasty and how up Key was, look at the tasty Key tag above Sento AND the 'key' throwies on BOTH sides of the pillar on the easternmost wall. absoludicrous.

i'm so glad to hear you say that about KEY i think his hand style is so dope i always loved his sence of style. and the unconventional throw-up was sick as hell. in my opinion one of the 80's most under rated bombers. i think tfp rock that west wall cause it could be seen from the bronx river.(just a guess)

bem

from an outside prespective.

i did not live in the bronx so i had a 2 hour ride to 238th street. i think i only went to the west walls 2 times. it was such a mission to get there and there were so many walls on the east side of the river. but for the writers who lived there it was easy cause they could just come down on the yonkers side. the ill shit about the east walls was dodging the metro north trains, which would take you out if you werent careful, or even ambushing them when they were stopped.

Fucking key was ill. even after the whole 238thST, rooftop and IRT slayage, i continued to catch his freights outside of new york. totally a pioneer in the fr8 game and brought that old bronx flavor to the rest of the nation. definite baller status that guy.

speaking of which, anybody got any old club med fliks? i got some but there in storage.

not disrupt the flow of the thread but heres one i did for my high school sweetheart at club med, 1989.

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00109424f00000001.jpg'>

Originally posted by soapy

wasnt that dome piece with the footprints in IGT once?

yes, and the footprints are actually by this guy named mirage who used to rock those "fast feet" all over the city. trains highways streets trucks etc. i think he was killed in a car accident in 89. he was fresh as fuck though with those feet.

nice fliks from "The Subway" by the way.

yes, and the footprints are actually by this guy named mirage who used to rock those "fast feet" all over the city. trains highways streets trucks etc. i think he was killed in a car accident in 89. he was fresh as fuck though with those feet.

nice fliks from "The Subway" by the way.

dome actually did those feet next to his piece, it says inside them "no one will follow in your footsteps"

Double dope!

Those two look pretty good together if i say so myself!

What happened to this hardcore attention to letters????

yeah some dudes are still rockin this style some never seemed to get near this kind of touch.

Straight out the jungle Lp another good choice fto browse these wonderful mid-eighties photos.

Thanks Ethreadzny

Originally posted by joewelcome

numbnuts....

i've been workin on a key collection for a minute-it's not easy to hut down those flicks!

anyone got any?

here's a few, stolen or whatever-

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p98523e69ecec126b42c5cb8d83ec7daf/fa48b114.jpg'>

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p6043e30174fcd47eebcb8f73c178b55b/fa48b118.jpg'>

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pb7c58ccf421ad864abdac8e44ce959a5/fa48b11b.jpg'>

i love the ,as key called em' "pot luck pieces" a catagory which the middle flick falls under...... big up big key

Archived