Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
some pittsburgh flavor

converting sound file formats

hi. i have a bunch of .mpga sound files that i would like to copy onto a cd, but they are not in the correct format, the program says. the other program does not recognize them as sound files, even.

does anyone know of any free programs to convert .mpga files to something recordable?

if you can listen to it in winamp, you can set up the wave writer plugin to output a wav file and the convert it to an mp3...... BUT, I'm sure there's an easier to use utility out there that'll do the conversion for you in one step. I couldn't find a link for you, sorry.

Changing the file extension.... will NOT work. The ext is used to identify what type of format the file is, and just cause you call an apple an orange does not make it taste like one or the color orangek ya dig?:lick:

yeah, but you'd be surprised how often it works... granted, he's burning it, so it's gonna have to turn into a wav.. but often, the playr... blah

:D

actually yes, Vanity's right on that one.... if you were to get them into wav format you wouldn't have to bother converting them back to mp3s just burn them like that it'd probably make the burn process take less time. But I wouldn't recommend switching extensions on any kind of audio or video media files....

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this