Justice Dept. Bans Event by Gay Staff

mental invalid

YA JUST GOTTA LOVE THAT WARM AND FUZZY J.ASHCROFT

By ERIC LICHTBLAU

ASHINGTON, June 5 — The Justice Department has barred a group of employees from holding their annual gay pride event at the department's headquarters, the first time such an event has been blocked by any federal agency, gay rights leaders said today.

Justice Department officials told the group, called DOJ Pride, that it could not hold its annual event at the department because the White House had not formally recognized Gay Pride Month with a presidential proclamation, Marina Colby, a department policy analyst who is president of the group, said. The group represents several hundred gay and lesbian employees at the department.

"This sends a real chilling message to Justice Department employees who are gay and lesbian," said David Smith, a spokesman for Human Rights Campaign, the country's largest gay advocacy group.

"This says, `You're not welcome,' " Mr. Smith said. "It says that employees can celebrate Asian-American heritage month, and Hispanic heritage month and so on, but you cannot."

Barbara Comstock, a spokeswoman for the Justice Department, refused to comment.

The gay pride event has been a tradition at the Justice Department since the late 90's, organizers said, and many other federal agencies have held similar events since the mid-1990's, when President Bill Clinton first declared a Gay Pride Month.

Last year Deputy Attorney General Larry Thompson — the second-ranking official at the department — spoke to about 150 people at the event in the Great Hall of the department. Ms. Colby said the presence of such a high-ranking official "was a really big deal for us, a real sign of support."

But Mr. Thompson's appearance drew protests from some conservative groups. Some accused Attorney General John Ashcroft, a social conservative who has spoken out in the past about homosexuality, of abandoning them by allowing last year's event to proceed.

Public Advocate, a nonprofit group that describes itself as pro-family, has continued lobbying the Justice Department and other federal agencies in recent months to abandon the gay pride events because it says the events are an inappropriate use of federal resources, said Jesse Binnall, a group spokesman.

Told of the decision to cancel this year's Justice Department event, Mr. Binnall said today, "We're absolutely thrilled that the Justice Department has made such a bold decision to stand up for American families instead of giving in to special interest groups."

Gay Republicans have become a more vocal force in party politics of late, but President Bush, unlike Mr. Clinton, has refused to issue a proclamation declaring a Gay Pride Month. The White House has said that the president does not believe "in politicizing people's sexual orientation."

Mr. Bush has issued more than 250 proclamations, acknowledging events like Greek Independence Day, Leif Erikson Day, Save Your Vision Week and National Hospice Month.

This is the first time any federal agency has forced the cancellation of a gay pride event, Mr. Smith said.

Ethnic and racial groups have held annual events at the Justice Department. But Ms. Colby, the leader of DOJ Pride, said the gay pride event was the only one she knew of at the Justice Department that was not covered by a presidential proclamation, and she believed that the Justice Department was using the proclamation issue as a convenient way to cancel the event.

Ms. Colby said she feared that other events that her group holds at the department, like panel discussions, could also be in jeopardy and that the existence of the group could be threatened.

"This was a total surprise to us," she said of the decision to block the event. "Every other association at the department has its recognized month and event, except us."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Have any of you guys heard the teory that homophobia is a sign of pent up homosexual desires, think about it bitches. Im sure you'd be crying foul if national"eminem wanabe" day was cancelled.

Guest KING BLING

To the naysayers - You're right, in a world where you are so clearly judged by the content of your character, a day celebrating gay lifestyles would be unimportant. Likewise, while we're at it lets cancel black history month. The point is that their is a struggle to a degree for gays to be accepted - they cant marry, they cant join the military without hiding who they are, they are subject to constant harrasment especially in smaller towns (Matthew Shephard). The point here is that they have a common struggle and yeah probably are just looking to belong (12oz Prophet/graffiti anyone?) to something bigger than them. To have this canceled because it does not have an official declaration forces the choice - let it go without one, or make one - to cancel it for the given reason is to hide behind cyclical double sided bullshit like the fucking stub dicked republican cowards they are.

Originally posted by BigOatser

I used to go bombing on this main street and there was a big gay cruise area on it.

I also got kicked in the face by a 6'8" mother fucker in a dress during one brawl. hahahaha, laugh it up, it was kinda funny, but hey, it happens in fights

yeah i saw your face after that shit happened. haha. at least you admit it happened.. and yeah its pretty fucking funny. people told me you were talking shit to the dragqueen tho..and you started it?

gossip gossip. i dont really give a fuck.

and dont lie.. i was really pimping your ass on central.;]

so your the one who started talking shit to him for no reason?

then what the fuck are you complaining about..your completly contradicting yourself.. your bitching about gay guys talking shit to you.. when your not doing anything..then turn around and talk shit to a drag queen who isnt doing shit to you?

okay. :confused:

OH, you must have missed my story then.

uh. the story you just posted. no i read the whole thing. the dragqueen story. i dont know the detials or "your" story on that.

At other times I have gotten in full fledged fights with therse sick fucks and did some major damage at their little gay cruise.I also got kicked in the face by a 6'8" mother fucker in a dress during one brawl.

^^

oh i see..the way you stated it to me..made it seem like it had been at another time.. misunderstanding.

Im so glad we are having this conversation.

Same dudes, same bullshit, different toilet. Im sure this makes you mad. no harm intended to you, see it the way you want to. Call it a hate crime, or call it "perverts gitting what they deserved." ever been called a whore? Ever had a digusting 40 year old verbally harass you and make you want to shoot him? its hard to compare to the feeling of disgust I feel for this type of thing as it is very different from girl to girl. THink what you will. If a guy ever tried to molest you, I'd be there to help you. Aiiight?

damn you for confusing me.

anyhow.

i dont think anything of it. it doesnt piss me off at all actually. where would getting me pissed of get me? no where.. you'd still think and do the same thing, and its already been done. no i dont think its right, but it doesnt at all make me angry. and yes i have had dirty old men verbally harrass me.. but that doesnt make me point fingers to every older man.. but thats me. and thats you. diffirent strokes..diffirent folks. its all good.

Yeah, I remember the yay area being pretty shocking to me when I first moved up there, And I thought west hollywood was gay! The 1st night I went bombing, me and my buddy were going back to the east bay when we saw what looked like a rave south of the bridge in frisco, then we noticed it was all guys in mesh shirts and leather pants. We were laughing and about to roll off when these 2 guys hit us up for some sex, we were chill and told them no and they fucken pulledout their dicks. I was too shocked to respond but my buddy happened to be packing a piece(we were bombing mission and I thought it was as bad as eastlos), so he flashes it at them and they ran screaming like little girls. That shit was fucken trippy, and it made me feel gross inside. I guess thats how girls feel around perverts. Either way, Let them have their pride day, as long as they aint violating me, I have no beef with gay people. Although flamers annoy me, just like drama chicks, too much of a show to deal with. I notice that non flamboyant homosexuals are pretty cool people, although I must admit I get a little wierded out being alone with a gay dude, I think he might rush me or some shit, I guess it's hard to break away from narrowmindedness.

Guest Uncle Wiggly

About time somebody stood up to these buttfuckers! We need to stop the queer assault on the 'American family'!!!

Next Congressional proposal:

FORCED heterosexual assignments!!!

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by Uncle Wiggly

Next Congressional proposal:

FORCED heterosexual assignments!!!

Details:

1. Couples are to be assigned based on a lottery. The candidates must be of the same racial backgrounds. Non-english speakers will be expelled or ordered to attend American thaught classes. Homosexuals will be sent to a sexual deviance corrective facility for a period of no less than two months. If unresponsive they will be castrated or put to death after review by magestrate.

2. The couples will receive intercourse tickets which limits the ammount of sexual activity. These tickets are good for 20 minutes of sexual conduct. Once registered, the tickets become void, no remaining time can be put to further use. Tickets must be used at least 48 hours apart except with board permission in the event of sanctioned fertilization. Reason: This activity if unchecked leads to sexual boredom. Sexual boredom leads to perversion. Walls will be replaced by plexiglass windows so as to ensure all household activity is in occordance with current law.

3. Any offspring from said copulation will be sent to Social Christian growth camps. This activity will take place exactly 95 days after birth. This time period to be changed as medical science makes advances in production of synthetic breast milk.

4. Anyone found to be deviating or planning to deviate from said reformatory laws will be tried. If found guilty the minimum penalty will be castration with five (5) years inprisonment. The maximum penalty will be death by cross. The cross symbolizing our saviors demise and thus a last reminder of sacrificing ones self for the purification and embetterment of the greater social fabric en masse.

Archived