Finland revisited!!

TiredToRun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think theres alot of super great stuff in this thread.

to whomever made the comment about reas and ghost... and the general AOK//EURO debate

i agree with you that AOK has a huge influence on people over seas.. along with people like Sento TFP...not to argue but i wanted to add that... 'THAT Style(s)" go alot farther back then reas and ghost...

alot of the hands and piecing style comes from the same lineage as StayHigh, Super Kool 223, billy 167, cliff 159, CoCo 144, Sweet Duke 161..etc.. or even pistol. RIFF, Phase 2, Flint 707, Tracy 168, Blade..

anyways thats why i like it.. because its some unique that foreigners tend to translate from a really amazing period in the history of nyc writing.

I see alot of Northern European stuff sometimes having a more pure and clear connection to early NYC subway writing. Alot of people argue over whats...progressive, evolved and innovative but i think its all so relevant to your take on the history of letter styles. Personally i believe the period with the above writers was incredibly innovative, evolutionary and progressive.... because during that time.. they created a large portion of the visual vocabulary of what we commonly understand to be "graffiti" writing..

theres also alot of stuff on here that doesnt look american at all.. some looks very dutch, english and french.

so.. bigups to the finnish and bigups to old subway writers. and whomever inbetween...i hope im not adding flames to an unnecessary fire.