ASKEW TMD-SUK (NEW ZEALAND)

????

wow i havent seen loomits shit in years and years...

Trudat..

I'm in Paris right now, so havent been posting for a bit but heres this weeks work..

askew_bearsinbagnolet06.jpg

With Flying Fortress and Wow123..

askew_loomitbagnolet06.jpg

With Loomit.

askew_kosmo06.jpg

Part of Kosmopolite wall with West FC, Wane COD, Wow123 and Kent.. B-Boy characters were done by Serval.

askew_northparis06.jpg

part of a wall with Diksa, Rosy, Fenx, Kooler and Serval..

askew_loomitparis06.jpg

A wall with Loomit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what do you think about the amount of writers adopting that same askew style,

from similar lettering to the bold final outline like askew and friends

i recon its appealing for amature eyes to bite

you have a point that nz especialy auckland definatly does not have an abundance of askew 1.2s but i wouldnt go as far as to say he coined thick outlines thats silly :scrambled:

those rocker characters are decent

deffinately not.. those outline appear in very early works such as the book subway art (skeme on the cover)

yeah I dont actually feel like I have really invented anything new in graffiti.. Krush is totally right, all I did was look back at the classics and adopt the thibgs I liked, especially the doubled up outlines.. Being in Europe around people that are really hyper critical about style is a really humbling experience.. Its easy to feel like a king back home but once you start thinking about the bigger playing field you realise that you are just a very small fish in a huge pond..

Meeting people Like Smash137, Revok, sever, Persue and Rime plus painting with some old friends like Atom and Can2 has made me really want to go back to the books and put in much more hard work.

easy askew i met you at the brighton jam, i write choe... i just noticed that the goal posts on tht "smash persue revok askew" wall have dissapeared is that down to photo shoppery?, also some super fresh stuff on your section on the SUK site. and where has ATOM's section gone, i have been fiending for his new pieces you two have been rocking the spot, anyway, enough ramblings, peace!

easy askew i met you at the brighton jam' date=' i write choe... i just noticed that the goal posts on tht "smash persue revok askew" wall have dissapeared is that down to photo shoppery?, also some super fresh stuff on your section on the SUK site. and where has ATOM's section gone, i have been fiending for his new pieces you two have been rocking the spot, anyway, enough ramblings, peace![/quote']

haha, yeah it was Revoks idea to photograph his piece in 4 bits to make a join without the bball hoop.. was pretty easy actually!!

yeah I dont actually feel like I have really invented anything new in graffiti.. Krush is totally right, all I did was look back at the classics and adopt the thibgs I liked, especially the doubled up outlines.. Being in Europe around people that are really hyper critical about style is a really humbling experience.. Its easy to feel like a king back home but once you start thinking about the bigger playing field you realise that you are just a very small fish in a huge pond..

Meeting people Like Smash137, Revok, sever, Persue and Rime plus painting with some old friends like Atom and Can2 has made me really want to go back to the books and put in much more hard work.

that will great to see , but it would be near impossible to do work like revok and the msk's those dudes hands down rule

• 3 weeks later...

"near impossible to do work like revok and the msk's", it depends what you're into. i prefer the sort of style atom, askew etc are doing and rekon its just as hard to pull off pure stylish less complex letter forms as it is to do wildstyles like msk (not to say people like msk are masking bad letters with arrows and ism's cos i know they've got styles for miles!) just different types of graffiti, personaly, i prefer askew burners to revok's but each to his own! check out the new askew update on http://www.stickupkids.de boom!

Archived