Remembering your dreams

Lush

Originally posted by Lush:

you obviously watched Final Fantasy: the spirits within, didnt you? But yes that would be very interesting, because then you'd be able to see the parts you can't remember, or had muddled in your mind. My dreams are usually quite fuzzy remembering them, kind of like an impressionists painting.

nah, actually i haven't seen it (yet(?)) ... i've always thought it would be cool for other people to watch my dreams and vice versa... i would definitely want to see the dreams of my boy Ryan... he always tells me the dreams he has and they are the most bugged out shit i could imagine, just craziness...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by jades_blue:

sweet. op and I haven't crossed paths in a very long time...

me either, but when we did dance...

------------------

Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

Guest cracked ass

This could be a long post...

1) I think the dream analysis books, Freud, all of that stuff is shit. But despite a scientific mind I did find that some of the astrology stuff I thought was bullshit was eerily accurate. Not the daily horoscope, which is definitely shit, but the birth signs and attributes. I feel the same way about dreams: book analysis, like "spiders mean good luck coming", is a bunch of crap, but in general I think there is something about dreams that is worth investigating, and certainly some clues to how the brain works for those into advanced neuro-science. At the very least dreams are interesting (even my nightmarish ones) and give me ideas for stories and art. They're also fun to retell - I have some of the most fucked up dreams I've ever heard of, but a couple of people I've met (and one guy in my crew) have told me a few that measure up in weirdness.

2) Remembering dreams: I don't know if there's a way to make it easier to recall them in general, but if you do remember anything upon waking up, write it down right away, it will fade as the day passes, except for a few vivid highlights. To dream more often, take B-vitamin supplements on the regular.

3) Eating before bedtime makes my dreams more vivid, but also scarier much of the time. I don't care, I eat late anyway.

4) Lucid dreams are fun, but don't last long. I once had a character in my dream tell me "Relax, it's only a dream" and I realized right away she was right. I could do anything I wanted with no consequences. Unfortunately this was when I was a kid, or I would have jumped her bones, she was hot. Instead I ran into the woods and commenced what was then my favorite pastime, smashing bottles I found along the road. Then my dad drove up and I woke up. All the other lucid dreams I've had, I had only five or ten seconds to take advantage of before waking up.

5) On the scientific tip, I was on mushrooms one time and after most of the trip, but before going to sleep, I saw very thin colored lines sweeping back and forth on a black field (like a screensaver) when I closed my eyes. I had a flash of insight: maybe dreams were just your brain studying the backs of your eyelids, testing pattern and face recognition skills on the random blotches that swirl around when you close your eyes. A month later an article came out in a science magazine saying essentially the same thing: in the most prolific phase of sleep for dreaming, the eyes move around rapidly, and there is a lot of activity in the visual cortex as the brain tries to recognize stuff in the murk and compare it to memories. Also, as a kid living in the sticks we used to burn brush in the spring, usually an 8 or 10 hour day of feeding shit into fires, after which I would close my eyes and still see charred sticks and ashes, and I'd dream about it that night, like there was a visual memory imprint stamped onto the back of my eyelids.

Guest SPLINTER

ok secret help me out here homegirl. i had 2 dreams the past two nights kinda related maybe.

ok the night before last i had a dream about this girl im really close with. at first shes running to get into a fight but when she sees me she come to me and were hugging and im kissing her on her neck. then we just stand and cuddle for a while. were standing infront of one of the classes she used tohave where we always met to talk.

last night i was on a bed with her and we were cuddling and i was rubbing here evrywhere especially here ass (which she doesnt allow anyone to do) and then for some reason a girl (that was her best friend and my friend at one time, then we both stopped being her friend but she kept trying to be ours) stepped in the door and started being all dingy and acting like she belonged there and then both of us were trying to shoe her away.

by the way the girl(good one) in my dreams has a boyfriend but in the dream she said she loved me more and her birthday is this firday with party on friday.

oh yeah when i was trying to shoe the other girl away i acted like i fell asleep and then when they the dingy girl wanted the tv controller i threw it at her and she knew i was awake and i smiled and kept pretending i was asleep while my close friend rubbed my head and arms.

[This message has been edited by SPLINTER (edited 07-18-2001).]

i was driving in my car the other day a vaugly remebered a woman getting mad at me because i stopped letting her snort coke off my turntables during the middle of my set....wtf!?! that about sums up my typical dream. complete nonsense

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

[This message has been edited by boogie hands (edited 07-19-2001).]

Guest cracked ass

Yeah, that's the kind of dream I have...partial plots and fucked-up segues (BTW: a dream segue is called "phantasmagoria"...that's today's vocab lesson).

Just to break the boredom, I'll tell one.

I'm in a town which is supposed to be part of NYC but of course doesn't exist at all. I'm with a couple of family members, and for some reason I keep acting like a total loser, like I regressed 15 years in age. First off, we're in an ice cream store on McCulchester Street. It's downstairs from street level, set up weird, wall-to-wall carpeting. The waffle cones are homemade and irregular, and you get to pick your cone out from a shelf behind the counter. I select one and for some reason take a bite out of the empty cone before handing it to the girl behind the counter and telling her I want coffee ice cream. She takes the cone, then ignores me and tells my mom that the order will be ready in an hour.

While I wait for my ice cream I'm watching a video in the store of a crime story from the 1800's. Some rich dude was convicted of a heinous crime and given one chance for exoneration: on a barge in the East River, with his wife present and judges watching, he has to catch this metal box that will bounce and skip rapidly along the slippery barge deck. If he catches it he goes free, if not he gets the death penalty. The video is in full color, which makes little sense, because it's from 1880 or something. They send the box flying along the barge. It's moving fast, skittering and shifting, but the guy makes a really nice move and stops it. But just then his wife stumbles into him, and he loses his grip and the box takes off and lands in the water, so now he's condemned to death. Cursing loudly, he grabs his wife and starts punching her, then bashes her head against the deck repeatedly. Gore splatters everywhere, her face is gone, and finally her head comes off, changing into something else as it does, growing weird extra-long spiked gray hair. The judges do not interfere. The final video shot is of the guy laughing maniacally as he goes fishing off the side of the barge, using the long-haired, bloody skull of his wife as bait. The final twist, which makes no sense chronologically, is that beating his wife to death somehow became the crime he was put on trial for.

Back in the ice cream place I notice that I'm holding a plastic bag containing my leftovers from lunch, which looks like a headless octopus marinating in mucus. The bag is leaking, so I'm trying to find a trash can to dump it in, but I can't; I wander up and down, dripping octopus slime onto the rug, embarassed as hell, I go out back of the store but it's the apartment of the two girls who own the store, I'm still dripping slime on their rug, finally I stuff the bag into this dainty, undersized trash basket, then one of the girls discovers me doing this and says she'll take care of it, only having patience with me because she thinks I'm eight years old or something, now I'm like three times as embarassed.

Cut to dinner at the next restaurant, we're done eating, talking over coffee, taking forever, getting nasty looks from just about everyone in the place, probably because we're tourists and not locals. Then the manager comes out and announces the new rule that "there will be no more TALKING." Everyone triumphantly glares at our table, so we get up and leave. My sister gets all intimidated and curtsies on the way out as a sort of apology, but my mom scolds her action as too formal.

Outside it's raining, I'm the only one with a waterproof quilt over my head and it takes me a long time to think of sharing it. I go to help my grandmother, who's having a tough time. She's wearing a clear poncho, and she tried to take the rest of her dessert to go, and she tried to protect it from the rain by shoving it up her sleeve, so I can see birthday cake all mashed inside the arm of her poncho.

Cut to back at the ice cream place, where I have just accidentally pissed in a potted plant, I'm mortified, I have no idea how it happened, I'm looking for the bathroom, my hand is stuck in one of my belt loops and won't come out, then somehow I get stuck in the shower in the girls' apartment, the water is running, I still need to piss, the same girl who took care of the octopus mess has to help me out of the shower.

Cut to the tuxedo place, where I'm getting a suit for what I guess is my upcoming wedding, although I have no idea who the bride is. I'm still involuntarily acting like a child, saying dumb things and knocking stuff over by accident, but the (once again female) store owner is being patient with my incompetence. Then my friend Mike and his friend walk in, and I suddenly remember that the store owner is his sister; I was supposed to mention his name and get special treatment but I forgot, so now I look even dumber. The store owner is looking at me like "how come you didn't say anything" so I open my mouth and what comes out is "Hi, I'm marrying your brother, can you deck me out?" Then I'm like, why the fuck did I say that, we're not gay, although I still have no idea who the bride is...

dude, cracked, how the FUCK did you remember all that shit... even if i started writing it down right after i woke up, the sheer length of it would have me forget more and more of it as i wrote.... crazy shit though, definitely bugged

Guest Pilau Hands

For some reason...i was in a boarding school of some sort. It was run by this dude with an eye patch and all the kids were afraid of him (of course) but not because he was violent, just strict I guess. We'd sneak around (the posse I guess...didn't look at their faces), and went into the large hall with a glass ceiling where we lay down on the wooden floor near the fire place and watched fireworks in the sky. the girls gave us a dirty look, so we left and went into the kitchen. This is where there were kids trying to wash dishes as quietly as possible without waking the headmaster up. He wakes up yesterday...we have a blowing the balloon contest to see who doesn't get punished. i win. the headmaster's face turns into my uncle's (a real hard ass). Then he walks outside, and all the kdis follow him...begin segue into change of dream...I'm following him to tell him that i have a bladder problem (lies!) so could I use the bathroom more than the other kids...he says sure, tells me to go for a ride, i get in the car, and he collapses outside. All of a sudden he's drunk or just sick, and me, my cousins, and my friends are carrying him around...alarm wakes me up.

what the fuck??

Originally posted by cracked ass:

Just to break the boredom, I'll tell one.

I'm in a town which is supposed to be part of NYC but of course doesn't exist at all. I'm with a couple of family members, and for some reason I keep acting like a total loser, like I regressed 15 years in age. First off, we're in an ice cream store on McCulchester Street. It's downstairs from street level, set up weird, wall-to-wall carpeting. The waffle cones are homemade and irregular, and you get to pick your cone out from a shelf behind the counter. I select one and for some reason take a bite out of the empty cone before handing it to the girl behind the counter and telling her I want coffee ice cream. She takes the cone, then ignores me and tells my mom that the order will be ready in an hour.

While I wait for my ice cream I'm watching a video in the store of a crime story from the 1800's. Some rich dude was convicted of a heinous crime and given one chance for exoneration: on a barge in the East River, with his wife present and judges watching, he has to catch this metal box that will bounce and skip rapidly along the slippery barge deck. If he catches it he goes free, if not he gets the death penalty. The video is in full color, which makes little sense, because it's from 1880 or something. They send the box flying along the barge. It's moving fast, skittering and shifting, but the guy makes a really nice move and stops it. But just then his wife stumbles into him, and he loses his grip and the box takes off and lands in the water, so now he's condemned to death. Cursing loudly, he grabs his wife and starts punching her, then bashes her head against the deck repeatedly. Gore splatters everywhere, her face is gone, and finally her head comes off, changing into something else as it does, growing weird extra-long spiked gray hair. The judges do not interfere. The final video shot is of the guy laughing maniacally as he goes fishing off the side of the barge, using the long-haired, bloody skull of his wife as bait. The final twist, which makes no sense chronologically, is that beating his wife to death somehow became the crime he was put on trial for.

Back in the ice cream place I notice that I'm holding a plastic bag containing my leftovers from lunch, which looks like a headless octopus marinating in mucus. The bag is leaking, so I'm trying to find a trash can to dump it in, but I can't; I wander up and down, dripping octopus slime onto the rug, embarassed as hell, I go out back of the store but it's the apartment of the two girls who own the store, I'm still dripping slime on their rug, finally I stuff the bag into this dainty, undersized trash basket, then one of the girls discovers me doing this and says she'll take care of it, only having patience with me because she thinks I'm eight years old or something, now I'm like three times as embarassed.

Cut to dinner at the next restaurant, we're done eating, talking over coffee, taking forever, getting nasty looks from just about everyone in the place, probably because we're tourists and not locals. Then the manager comes out and announces the new rule that "there will be no more TALKING." Everyone triumphantly glares at our table, so we get up and leave. My sister gets all intimidated and curtsies on the way out as a sort of apology, but my mom scolds her action as too formal.

Outside it's raining, I'm the only one with a waterproof quilt over my head and it takes me a long time to think of sharing it. I go to help my grandmother, who's having a tough time. She's wearing a clear poncho, and she tried to take the rest of her dessert to go, and she tried to protect it from the rain by shoving it up her sleeve, so I can see birthday cake all mashed inside the arm of her poncho.

Cut to back at the ice cream place, where I have just accidentally pissed in a potted plant, I'm mortified, I have no idea how it happened, I'm looking for the bathroom, my hand is stuck in one of my belt loops and won't come out, then somehow I get stuck in the shower in the girls' apartment, the water is running, I still need to piss, the same girl who took care of the octopus mess has to help me out of the shower.

Cut to the tuxedo place, where I'm getting a suit for what I guess is my upcoming wedding, although I have no idea who the bride is. I'm still involuntarily acting like a child, saying dumb things and knocking stuff over by accident, but the (once again female) store owner is being patient with my incompetence. Then my friend Mike and his friend walk in, and I suddenly remember that the store owner is his sister; I was supposed to mention his name and get special treatment but I forgot, so now I look even dumber. The store owner is looking at me like "how come you didn't say anything" so I open my mouth and what comes out is "Hi, I'm marrying your brother, can you deck me out?" Then I'm like, why the fuck did I say that, we're not gay, although I still have no idea who the bride is...

Of own family: Be cautious in your ventures.

Going into a shop with others: Prosperity through hard work.

Going into a shop that does small business: Love affairs are insecure.

Buying ice cream: Danger through a secret.

Of a bite: Are about to sustain a loss.

Being a failure: Will realize high ambitions.

Of a convict: Will live a long life.

Others being convicted: Business will be satisfactory.

People hitting each other: Shame will fall upon you.

Others causing cruelty: Unhappiness in all affairs.

Of a trial: Will witness an injustice done to someone.

Keeping death watch with a criminal before execution: Big joy.

Death of a wife: Seperation from friends.

The skull of a dead person: May discover some hidden secret.

Holding the skull of a dead person: Death of an enemy.

Fishing in the sea: Be on the lookout for treachery.

Fishing in a river: Unhappiness in love affairs.

Spilling other liquids: Small dissension within the family.

Spilling blood: Loss in business affairs.

Eating with relatives in a resturant: Will overcome enemies with patience.

Of talking: You are confronted with insurmountable obstacles.

Talking too much: Will be exposed to some malicious plans.

Getting wet in a downpour of rain: Suffering caused by suspcion of friends.

Women being out in the rain: Disappointment in love.

Of urinating: Will have to sweep the floor.

Getting married: Melancholy.

A brother getting married: Family quarrels.

By the way... what did the woman in your dream look like?

[This message has been edited by Secret (edited 07-22-2001).]

Guest imported_El Mamerro

For the love of God, please tell me what the hell does it mean to have my teeth falling out!!

The day after reading this post I woke up in the morning and THREE of my teeth fell right off!! I was sooo scared, cause I wanted it to be a dream so bad, but there I was, waking right up and pinching myself and whatnot. My dad's a dentist, so I got up from bed ran over to him (he was getting ready for work) and asked him if he could fix me up. He said it was no big deal and he had a pretty chill day at the office, so I could come with him. My mom asks me if the stumps still feel warm, and I told her yes, and she answers that there might still be too much circulation running and that I should hold gauze to them before I bleed all over my shirt. Made sense. I looked back at my teeth, which I still had in my hand (respectively, my top right canine, top left tooth next to the frontal, and a molar on my bottom right), and they now look like little pieces of balsa wood, one of them over 2 inches long. Somehow I don't find this strange at all, and I look at my watch and it says 9:36 am. THAT struck me as strange, because it's a little late for my dad to be getting ready to work, and the next thing I know, I'm waking up AGAIN.

I wake up EXACTLY like how I woke up in my dream, and it took me a few good minutes of probing my mouth and wriggling and pinching before I was truly convinced I was awake. My mouth was fine, I felt glad, so I take a look at my watch. It says 9:36 am!! That freaked me out for a bit, and I thought I was dreaming again, so I got up and did all sorts of wacky shit to make sure. Yeah, I was awake, but I felt weird all morning. It was pretty fucking surreal. Anyways, this teeth falling out crap has to stop. Secret, please tell me what the book says. Beer,

El Mamerro

Mamerrito, keep in my mind that this book is "suppose to" indicate what's going on subconcious mind. Well, it says teeth falling out has something to with death. And NO this doesn't mean you're gonna die... maybe you had to deal with someone else's death? Or maybe you're affraid of death?

Sorry for not responding sooner. I wasn't ignoring you... it's just that you're one special dude, and even thought it's just a stupid book, I didn't want to freak you out. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>

P.S. Happy 21st Birthday! Remember you helped me make a children's book for Spanish class? It was about a midget that lived in a tree and smoked crack... Well, I'm working on another hand made copy with illustrations and everything just for you. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>

[This message has been edited by Secret (edited 07-22-2001).]

Originally posted by Pilau Hands:

controlling dreams is really interesting. i had a psychology teacher who taught us how to control them. basically you fall asleep thinking of one scenario night after night. eventually your brain is supposed to catch on and as you drift into sleep, the scenario will start. it gets very boring though because you realize that half the fun in dreams is the gambling on what's going to happen.

being able to see yourself is supposed to be a reflection of your level of consciousness. one goal is to be able to see your own body...like look down and look at your hands or feet. the highest is supposedly being able to look in the mirror and see your own reflection...odd. i've seen myself through someone else's eyes which was odd...i was both inside a batter and a pitcher at differnt times...like switching cameras.

another thing is that people say that if you die in your dreams, you may die in real life. this is odd though because my best friend says he dies in his sleep all the time...car crashes, being shot, blown up...sucks.

i had a bad string of ones a while back. i was going through some rough times and every night i'd have beautiful dreams...wife, kids, steady job, car, money, happiness...which would be good, except for the fact that i'd wake up in the same crap. haven't had any spectacular dreams lately.

i'm tired

yes if you know you are dreaming you can do anything.. like turn into shit.. just knowit is a dream and like go around killing.. amagin girls coming up to you and doing them. al sorts of shit http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>..soootrueeeeeee

Last night I had a really strange dream....

When me and my special little guy hang out, it's usually just the both of us alone. But last night I dreamed that I was in a small hotel room with him and about 20 other people. But we weren't hanging out partying or drinking... everyone was sleeping!

Hotel: Success of hopes in near future.

Being in a hotel with your sweetheart: Wealth will come to you. Yay!!

A large group of people: Dignity and respect.

Sweethearts sleeping together: Delightful events to come. Yay!!

ohhh...last night i had my first graff related dream...i was walking through a train yard in broad daylight with a backpack full of paint and i had cope with me (except he wasnt cope the guy with ups, just the large puerto rican with a silly hair cut that i painted with) and every time we would barely slip by the bull he would turn around and go "YO!!! you fucking asshole"...the dream went on from their but its basically pretty boring aside from the entire yard being humped at the same time and a britney spears so playing as we found a hole in the fence...i swear i dont smoke crack

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

Guest unknown

last night i dreamed that i was in my old middle school's library. there was this hot chick and i walked up to her and said hey. she said she was hiding from some guys that were chasing her, so i helped hide her. then the guys came and they were wearing abercrombie from head to toe and had bleached hair. 3 of the guys just stood there and the other guy started talking shit, so we got into a fight. i just started hitting him and he tried to fight back, but i just kept hitting him. in the end the guy was kind of bloody and they just walked away. then it ended. i have no idea what this dream means, but it's the only dream i've had in a long time. any ideas?

Originally posted by El Mamerro:

The only recurring dream I have is my teeth falling out. I found out it has to do with concern about my physical appearance. Hooray for uglies. But back to the topic, I remember almost every night's dream, and often get to control them. Neato. Beer,

El Mamerro

holy fuck, i always have that fluckin dream yo.

Originally posted by Lush:

you obviously watched Final Fantasy: the spirits within, didnt you? But yes that would be very interesting, because then you'd be able to see the parts you can't remember, or had muddled in your mind. My dreams are usually quite fuzzy remembering them, kind of like an impressionists painting.

That movie sucked yo.

This is a dream i had a long while back, i was watching the movie "birds 2", I fell asleep in the middle of it. All of a sudden Im in a tree trying to escape some birds, but instead of them being birds, they are big green people who look like dr. Seuss. We are all fuckin scared of them. We then get stuck in a telephone booth, and the birds are cracking through the glass with their beaks. Time is moving real slow. Suddenly when one of the birds breaks through the glass, I wake up. After a second of shock, I realize all the characters in my dream have the voices of the movie characters. I then realize that I was hearing the movie, and my mind was making up some irrational visual. That was one of the scariest dreams Ive ever had. Now that I think about it it was kind of funny.

One of the dreams I dislike, is when I have dreams where I'm falling (tripping on something) I'll be like in a crowd, then all of a sudden I'll fall, and its really fast, but while im falling, all I can think of is how embarrasing this is gonna be. When I hit the floor, I suddenly wake up in total shock. This happens to me alot people. Ive been in class, falling sleep, right when the teacher walks by, I gasp and get up in shock. Everyone thinks im a retard. Any thoughts

------------------

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/3194/twisty2.jpg'>

Twisty Kat

Originally posted by boogie hands:

ohhh...last night i had my first graff related dream...i was walking through a train yard in broad daylight with a backpack full of paint and i had cope with me (except he wasnt cope the guy with ups, just the large puerto rican with a silly hair cut that i painted with) and every time we would barely slip by the bull he would turn around and go "YO!!! you fucking asshole"...the dream went on from their but its basically pretty boring aside from the entire yard being humped at the same time and a britney spears so playing as we found a hole in the fence...i swear i dont smoke crack

aahahahhhahahahahahaha

funny shit.

Originally posted by El Mamerro:

I often get to control them.

El Mamerro

Me too. Wen I'm done sleeping, im like in this half awake mode where i keep dreaming but can control the dream. But then if I'm interrupted, i can't control it anymore and i forget most of the dream.I can even jump out of " half sleep mode" and wake up. Strange.

ESH2 THE DREAM MANIPULATOR

MLB, DTB

Archived