volkswagen sport tuning..

taper

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by taper

yes but its still not a honda which makes me happy my 10k will mak me car go fast and not look like a grocery getter with a park bench strapped to the back.....or some terrible ill fitting body kit or 35lbs of vynyl...... that adds 100hp i thought...

i wasn't really commenting on the modifications. i was commenting on the cars. hondas are good cars. they dont break down once a week.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

i wasn't really commenting on the modifications. i was commenting on the cars. hondas are good cars. they dont break down once a week.

yes they go forever but hp wise they hardly go anywhere..:p

Bottom line: If an engine is modified to where it's no longer stock, the engine is no longer running the way it was supposed to. Therefore, chances of unreliability will increase and higher maintenance is required.

If it's got a Honda, Acura, Toyota, VW, Daewoo (just kidding) badge and it's modified, it ain't gonna last forever.

Now, if you're talking about adding a cool cold-air intake and 5" exhaust, die.

Now, turbo talk. A stock VW 1.8T block can handle more boost than a Honda B18 1.8. Why? The VW block is designed for forced induction, and the Honda is a high compression motor (9:1 CR).

So the 1.8T motor can handle a little more ticks on the wastegate and it would get a hell of a lot better response out of the motor and turbo with an aftermarket exhaust.

I like to talk about cars.

:D

Originally posted by killtheradio

^^^vw's have low factory hp too but whateva u can make honda's (civic's) faster then most vw's for a hell of alot cheeper and there not gunna break down....im talkin non turbos to just motor too........

i dont wanna get started on this.... but a briefly i will. if you know anything about vw's or the tuners you will see taht we dont build cars mostly for 1/4 mile times at all. they are built to handle well while still yielding good hp. factor in a 1000 pound weight diffrence and better suspension then you have a car that is fun to drive. not a loud ass pice of shit that handles like a rascal scooter. mine hasnt broke down yet... all cars break down man. internals cn only go so long before they wear out from stress. thats any car dude. o yea my car makes 190whp. off of my turbo kit an it only cost 1500 installed:p

how much was ur car???? im think like 25 30 if u got it new i dont know but point is 90 somethin hatch for like 2 3 grand take ur 1500 for a turbo get a b series engine and do suspension whateva and no way it will ever reach 10 grand and if ur not some chuck u can have a 3 thousand dollar car that runs 13's or 12's and can hang with pretty much any car on the road not top end wise but what eva u got a vw i have no clue what but late model cause u talkin turbo and shit so rock and roll brother but if wanna spend all that cash your deal but money isnt somethin i got so i ride bikes...ya fuck you...my shits clean fo sho

how much was ur car???? im think like 25 30 if u got it new i dont know but point is 90 somethin hatch for like 2 3 grand take ur 1500 for a turbo get a b series engine and do suspension whateva and no way it will ever reach 10 grand and if ur not some chuck u can have a 3 thousand dollar car that runs 13's or 12's and can hang with pretty much any car on the road not top end wise but what eva u got a vw i have no clue what but late model cause u talkin turbo and shit so rock and roll brother but if wanna spend all that cash your deal but money isnt somethin i got so i ride bikes...ya fuck you...my shits clean fo sho

i have no clue what you just said dude. that was dumb

o and its not hard to make a hatch have little or no body roll at all....chances are hang better then most vws

im confused as to what you are saying here also. if you are saying a civic hatch will handle better than my a2 gti your fucking crazy dude. i dont think you know what your talking about until you have driven one. fuck honda and fuck a civic of any type. my grandma drives a civic. that says something. i dont want a car that old people and trendy kids who listen to techno and drive around making all kinds of noise with a coffee can hanging off the back. :P

dubbers need not hate hondas

i used to be a dub nazi, always talking shit on hondas and what not. i had a nice mkii gli 2.0 with a shitload of mods. redlined at 7800rpm, but she was killed by a minivan that decided it didn't need to use its brakes at the stop light i was stopped at.

do you know what i drive now? a honda!

the veedub elitist attitude gets tiresome guys. give it a rest. honda makes great cars. it's a fact and you need to accept it.

s2000 has the highest hp to displacement ratio than any other production n/a car.

before that it was the integra type R.

you can't deny the power of honda.

the one thing i can give vw over honda is style. european design rules. every new honda i have seen is a major disapointment, where as the new dubs keep getting prettier and prettier.

yeah.

Originally posted by johnny

how much boost taper?

i'm running a greddy type s on my car. it's relatively quiet but still gets my chirp on when i need it.

heres my car. im running about 12psi right now. 1985 golf gti

moonroof

5spd

color 97 porsche speed yellow/door jams & engine bay painted

2.0l block from 96 or 97 jetta w/26k

1.8l head

atp turbo kit w/garret turbo not currently intercooled but i have eclispe intercooler

callaway microfueler

turbo xs blow off valve

arp head bolts

a/c removed

techtonics exhaust/ w golf 3 cat hollowed out

blisten sport's front in back with spax springs

autotech front and rear uppper stressbars

11' corrado g60 brakes in front/ stock disc rear

braided stainless brake lines 6 line set

neuspeed short throw/ with 16v clutch

euro single rounds/with yellow city lights

big bumpers front and back

custom fiber glass hood

s/f splitters

r&a designs m3 side skirts

r&a designs evolution style rear diffuser

r&a designs roof spoiler

17" ats planet wheels w/ 205/40/17 kumho's

freedom designs steering wheel

momo carbon fiber pedal

aftermarket recaro lsa seats

schroth racing belts with pads

jvc El Kameleon head unit

mb quart speakers/ not finished

might of forgot a few things

fast as hell. and loud!!!!! turbo xs frl bov on there.

:yum:

Re: dubbers need not hate hondas

Originally posted by zorak

i used to be a dub nazi, always talking shit on hondas and what not. i had a nice mkii gli 2.0 with a shitload of mods. redlined at 7800rpm, but she was killed by a minivan that decided it didn't need to use its brakes at the stop light i was stopped at.

do you know what i drive now? a honda!

the veedub elitist attitude gets tiresome guys. give it a rest. honda makes great cars. it's a fact and you need to accept it.

s2000 has the highest hp to displacement ratio than any other production n/a car.

before that it was the integra type R.

you can't deny the power of honda.

the one thing i can give vw over honda is style. european design rules. every new honda i have seen is a major disapointment, where as the new dubs keep getting prettier and prettier.

yeah.

dude...it's just higher compression ratio.

Guest TEARZ

i don't hate hondas, i think they're good cars, but i hate the approach that most people take to modifying them. it's just cheesy and tasteless.

vws reign supreme over hondas and most japanese imports at least in the style department, and it's true that they are just getting better. but there's no excuse for some of the issues that most vws have. the thing that i hate the most is vws' suspension. the stock suspension on my gti was fluffy and terrible. and hideous wheel gap aside, a car like a gti should have at least a competent suspension- the pilot sports i had on my wheels made sure that i'd hit the limits of my suspension long before i would ever be able to test the limits of tires. even with the stiffer, lower suspension i have now and beefier sway bars, most hondas would outhandle me just because of the double-wishbone suspension, and they're lighter. and i've driven in markiii jettas that have 3,000 balls done in suspension work and still handle like fat pigs. and don't get me started on coil packs, window regulators and customer service...

i still love vws though... i want a new audi a3 two door to play with...

• 1 month later...

i blew 2 coilpacks last weekend. my brother's going to drop a b18 in his civic soon enough. he's got an insurance settlement pending and once that's done i'm sure he'll opt for a turbokit. we'll see how that fucker fairs to my 1.8t with some work done.

93 jetta needs new tranny, damn have you guys seen the pics of the new golf int european car? I dont hate Hondas it's just everyone and their mama has one! and the all look the same =UGLY!

the r32 is sweet too damn i need to buy a gti.

Archived