daim and seak show

skaterzoot

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Daze One Million

directed more towards joker....how does it feel to paint with them...shit id be mad intimidated, were they cool people?

Actually, you wouldn't be intimidated at all. They're completely professional, if that makes any sense. They put you so at ease that all you really have to do is focus on the job at hand. We sat around one night figured out which sketch of mine I'd use and they would work theirs around it. Mine was the focus since I mostly do flat colors and tend to be very graphic. They helped pick colors to work with their pieces and they offered suggestions when I asked for advice. All in all, the guys were very easy going. One of the two highlights of my writing 'career'...

Guest WebsterUno

Thats a nice looking piece.

Sometimes I can make out your

letters, sometimes, I cant.

I can see the O-K-E...that

K is sick by the way...but I cant

see the R. Unless it only says

JOKE, then yeah, I think I see it all.

A little informative post...

Yes, it only says Joke. As a matter of fact for the last two or three years I've only been doing Joke pieces. Due mostly to the fact that I feel what I do for graffiti is a joke since I'm not much of a writer anymore. The whole abstract label I received was a joke. So to drop the R and continue seemed perfect to me. And it's been that way ever since.

So no... there is no R in that piece. And if you've been looking for R's in my other pieces from the last few years, chances are you'll still be looking. If I do a simple style piece I use the R because it serves a purpose with that kind of style. I don't know if that makes any sense, but there you go.

And more importantly... thanks for all the great comments on the wall. I really appreciate it.

Re: *believe*

Originally posted by WebsterUno

I wouldnt call what you do a joke.

Thanks... and I agree. But at the time when the whole term 'abstract' came about and the label was heavily dropped on me, as well as being blamed for all the horrible copy-cats out there... I felt like a pile of crap for trying to break ground. Looking back, it was the best thing for me. Forced me to go even further and make believers out of the ones who thought I was a fluke. I still have a large following of haters but that's the nature of the game so I don't sweat it. The truth is, I feel I've made a name for myself and made my mark... which is the goal of every writer, right? So now everything I do is above and beyond that. Anything good or bad coming from what I do is no longer considered a learning experience but more of a memorable experience.

Joker,

I love your work, but I'd like to see other stuff you do. Don't you sometimes just draw or paint completely on a whim something that is way out of the bounds of your known style? What are you developing for the future? Show us the stuff YOU consider nasty, or those lost sketchbook ramblings that were maybe leading you in some other unknown direction. Maybe a sketch or painting you made in a fit of rage that was lost in a pile of slides never to be seen by anyone.........until now.:eek:

Guest WebsterUno

Youre Welcome.

Thank you for keeping

a part of graff alive!

The drive to push

what it is we do further.

Keep on inventing, and

coming with the flavor.

I hear you..loud and clear.

Re: Re: DELTA

Originally posted by Daze One Million

and is that all for the shows flix?:confused:

yeah those are all the flics i got from the show, unless you some of the kids break dancing at the show. I wish i had more close ups of all the canvas' but i got lost in the time and had to bail early. If i have time sometime ill try and go back to the place and see if they have anything i could put up on here.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest curse

i know i dont even need to say this, but seak is the fuckin man.

Hes been the man and always will be the man

Daim..... need i type more

Archived