Northwest Superthread II(without crappy flicks)

RATT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 58.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshu

• BRYSO DISCO

• buckbang

• oe800

Guest i7531p
Guest tragic
sober is out here in nyc.. I have some flicks of his stuff here and flicks of some sober stuff in seattle are in my old Seattle.Washington thread..

You sure about that? I just met him, at a rave, not to long ago.. he's a DJ and a great dancer (popper)..

*SHRUGS*

Originally posted by justjedd

You sure about that? I just met him, at a rave, not to long ago.. he's a DJ and a great dancer (popper)..

*SHRUGS*

as far I know.. I've been catching a lot of his shit out in brooklyn, park slope, williamsburg, he's up quite a bit and often times with other NW heads. you can see some of the recent Sober stuff in the nyc thread.

of course, he could have left by now.

oh, man.. that wall is indisputably ON FIRE! I'm only speaking for myself here, but Joker, you are one of the reasons I am proud of my heritage in the Northwest.. I think your art progressive and your attitude commendable. I've never encountered as many open-minded folks as I have out west and, even though I've never met you, I have a rough character sketch of what you look like and what I'd imagine you like to do.

do you like mangoes or pineapples more?

I think you bring a lot of legitimacy to graffiti in the northwest, and that is something that this scene has been poorly lacking. yeah, yeah.. KYT/CDK/TITS/DFM/BTM/ blah-blah-blah.. considering the extreme transience evident in Seattle alone, I find it even more incredible that you have chosen Portland as homebase and are determined to create wonderous art wherever you are, rather than wherever the demand is.

I'm not some big-shit writer whose only aspiration is to "live the life". I'm pretty much an ex-vandal who--when I'm not studying counter-cultural movements--paints illegal, sociopathic 'art' on the streets. sometimes with a message scrawled in my own schizoid-style of graffiti lettering, sometimes just pure b&w insanity... so take my opinion for what it's worth.

you are a major inspiration to me, and to many of my cohorts. if simply by proving that graffiti is not stagnant and that evolution applies here too. I've seen many pieces of "fine" or "high art" that look like straight Transcend-bites. it is a wonderful dichotomy to be reminded of "low-brow art" when looking at "hoity-toity art" and not vice versa. I thank you, Joker, for establishing such a noodle-scratching double-standard.

I hope you reap the rewards you seek in life, sir. I couldn't imagine someone more deserving of "mad graffiti respect" or even, "large cash pay-outs" than Mr. Joker One--IHU/BA/Transcend. love.