What Graffiti Really Is....

abit

what's graffiti? (the kwik.abit opinion):idea:

many of the new generation writers never read, looked up, or know what graffiti really is, kids think "oh it's just writing on a wall", wrong, graffiti, the first of the 4 elements (the basis of hip-hop) is more than just spray painting, it's a lifestyle, hard-core, die-hard graffiti attics live by graffiti, spending all day at school, work, or home thinking about graffiti, drawing graffiti, preparing for graffiti. many kids think racking paint is cool, it just shows how poor you are. racking paint is un-cool, the new graffiti movement isn't all rebelious like it used to be in the late 60's 70's 80's and early 90's. graffiti now is how you live your life like i said before you live by graffiti. if you use montana, belton, motolov, or 'specialty caps' (i.e fat caps, thin caps, soft ball caps, super fat caps, outline caps, etc..) you have to buy it, you can't rack them (unless you are at a graff store, but that's nearly impossible to rack at), and with the new developments of security stealing isn't what it used to be, racking paint takes time and guts now, i walk into hardware stores and i am followed, or there is cameras all over. also doing graffiti now, it's bigger, more prestige and precise, it takes more paint, and if you bomb hard-core, it's hard to rack 30 cans in 1 run, you have to keep going back and eventually you'll get caught. also remember that graffiti is a element of hip-hop, so you punk-rock, skate boarding, bmx, skating kids, raving fools need to respect hip-hop. hip-hop isn't that shit (99.9% of the stuff) on the radio like "nelly", "ja-rule", "big timers", "juvenile", hip-hop is dialated peoples, j-5, mos-def, the arsonists, dynasty, mix master mike, dj-qbert etc, dj-shadow, mc dis 'n dat, kool kieth/dr. doom, arsenik, etc.... and you NEVER break dance to techno, kids need to know, it's hip-hop only, else it's called trip-dancing :D or some bullshit.

kids:

-racking paint is lame, just makes graffiti look worse than it is.

-bragging about racking paint to people is lame.

-bragging you do graffiti to everyone is lame.

-saying drugs are cool is lame.

kids need to:

-learn their terms before using them.

-learn and read about graffiti before touching a can.

-know the consequences of their actions.

-get a job so you look more responcible.

-sorry if i spelled some of the words wrong, and remember these are just opinions, don't get all pissy and tear-eyed about these comments.

-cheers and good-day. :king: :cool:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest 87centHitMan

Hey people don't rack because it's cool. People rack because they either don't have money for paint, or they don't want to pay for it...

Originally posted by abit

what's graffiti? (the kwik.abit opinion):idea:

.......... if you use ...... 'specialty caps' (i.e fat caps, thin caps, soft ball caps, super fat caps, outline caps, etc..) you have to buy it, you can't rack them (unless you are at a graff store, but that's nearly impossible to rack at), ......:

just take them off other spray products

you just have to know what you're looking for

If you think racking is "uncool".. then thats because you dont want to fuck up your record,hey thats fine just admit it and dont try starting some new trend on whats cool and whats not, or whats real hip hop or whats not, or all this other political bullshit....

Archived