Official Hip-Hop Thread

IDrinkSprite

loudhardfast is a moron. you seem like you got a lot of pent up depression up in you. You're talking about not wanting to be labeled, but you're labeling your sorry self right now by trying to stand out from your white "underground dewd" brethren in your hometown.

like willy said, hip hop is a state of mind. and that state of mind changes from person to person. for me, it's a criminal mind, as well as a thirst for cash, uplifting my self in conscious way and enjoying spraypainting on walls and metal, among many other things. you just hate on it because you wanna be original. why don't you go to your local ghetto and wear a sign that says "I hate welfare recipient niggers." You'll really stick out then. go squeegee a car window, you dumb fuck.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest illwill

hiphop is nothing. its a myth. just an expression that is used to make people argue, about whether they are or are not. people that needed/need to belong somewhere started it. hiphop is dumb.

well since we are handin out hiphop music that doesnt suck ill throw some in. maybe if loudhardfast would listen to it he might be able to relax and realise the stick up his ass.

albums you should own:

company flow~funcrusher plus

mos def~black on both sides

Mr.Lif~I Phantom

Aseop rock~labor days (this one is a must)

hieroglyphics~thrid eye vision

del the funky homosapien~both sides of the brain (this one is a must as well)

the roots~things fall apart

the roots~illedeplph halflife

common~chocolate like water

jedi mind tricks~violent by design

gangstarr~moment of truth (not so much this one, but gangstarr is..well, gangstarr)

Guest illwill

funcrusher plus is really good. jedi mind tricks- violent by design is real good. but is rap music the only genre in your definition of hip hop?

Originally posted by Weapon X

loudhardfast is a moron. you seem like you got a lot of pent up depression up in you. You're talking about not wanting to be labeled, but you're labeling your sorry self right now by trying to stand out from your white "underground dewd" brethren in your hometown.

like willy said, hip hop is a state of mind. and that state of mind changes from person to person. for me, it's a criminal mind, as well as a thirst for cash, uplifting my self in conscious way and enjoying spraypainting on walls and metal, among many other things. you just hate on it because you wanna be original. why don't you go to your local ghetto and wear a sign that says "I hate welfare recipient niggers." You'll really stick out then. go squeegee a car window, you dumb fuck.

how am i labeling myself? i dont like your supposed "hip hop" culture. it is fake and so are you for trying to live it. hip hop isnt a state of mind, nirvana is a state of mind, hip hop is a label the media uses to help group things for your consumption. which is why when you go buy your newest coolest hip hop cd you also pick up your timbaland boots and your baggy pants. see now they stuck you for 200 dollars instead of just what the cd cost's. i dont really give a fuck what you think. keep buying into the "hip hop" culture, its your wasted dollars. you let hip hop define who you are, and that sucks for you. i am glad i dont need acceptance to feel comfortable. good luck on following the crowd.....

Originally posted by cultural me

well since we are handin out hiphop music that doesnt suck ill throw some in. maybe if loudhardfast would listen to it he might be able to relax and realise the stick up his ass.

and maybe when your done sucking all that hip hop dick you can get around to painting something. keep enjoying your hip hop lifestyle cause eventually the phase in your life will pass and you will realize that all you did was sack ride a bunch of street poets and helped them get rich. like i said to the other moron, its your money, have fun being a follower.

i listen to many genres of music. everything from firme rolas, to 80's shit. classical to metal. punk to gangsta rap yo. i like all different kinds of music. but i dont limit my self to liking just one thing. i dont make judgements on things i havent heard so i am down to listen to anything once.

Originally posted by loudhardfast

how am i labeling myself? i dont like your supposed "hip hop" culture. it is fake and so are you for trying to live it. hip hop isnt a state of mind, nirvana is a state of mind, hip hop is a label the media uses to help group things for your consumption. which is why when you go buy your newest coolest hip hop cd you also pick up your timbaland boots and your baggy pants. see now they stuck you for 200 dollars instead of just what the cd cost's. i dont really give a fuck what you think. keep buying into the "hip hop" culture, its your wasted dollars. you let hip hop define who you are, and that sucks for you. i am glad i dont need acceptance to feel comfortable. good luck on following the crowd.....

I've never owned Timbos. You're saying that the music and the clothes and the art don't go together at all. Well then, champ, what is a culture? My parents have their culture, complete with their hindu music, the clothes, the artwork. Everyone knows that a culture has different elements. The Iroquois have their music, artwork, and dance. You're right, I've labeled myself hip hop, but it doesn't mean that "they" have stuck me for any sort of money. When I buy a CD, I'm supporting the artist, as well as the record company. Sure, I don't always agree with that, but I live in a capitalist society, and am willing to pay the consequences for my high standard of living. I understand that where you come from, or the people you seem to reluctantly associate with are different than myself. I can identify with your animosity towards these people, believe me. I haven't been to a rap concert in ages because of the 'scene', and I dislike those teenage "backpackers" you see. The mere mention of "underground" often makes me wanna hurl. I wear what I want to wear, and that ain't usually Triple 5 Soul, or Mecca, or what have you. I like to try and look nice for myself, and sometimes the ladies. I suppose you'll wear anything that fits, huh? I swear, you better be wearing burlap pajamas, or birch bark underwear right now, or you have no ground on this argument whatsoever.

You think I let hip hop define me, but I already told you, the mindstate changes from person to person. I'd like to believe that I define hip hop.

and maybe when your done sucking all that hip hop dick you can get around to painting something. keep enjoying your hip hop lifestyle cause eventually the phase in your life will pass and you will realize that all you did was sack ride a bunch of street poets and helped them get rich. like i said to the other moron, its your money, have fun being a follower.

phase? my brother got me into hiphop way back in '86. I haven't stopped obsessing over it since. Man, you really hate money, don't you? When my friends and I freestyle in the parking lot, I'm not helping anyone get rich. When I do a fill in on a truck, I'm enjoying myself and adding my two cents to a culture. When I listen to serious lyrics that make me wanna cry, or bash someone's face in, or whatever, I'm doing what music is supposed to make someone do. You can go listen to your white noise, you cultureless freak. I'm happy with mine.

i wear what i get for free, i also support my friends who do graphic design for different clothing companies. i actually have dickies on right now. work pants. not because its what some culture identifies with but because i have found them to be durable pants that last through bombing mission after bombing mission. like i said, i will try something before i knock it and i have been around enough to see the truth about what hip hop is. i dont care what hip hop means to you. i am speaking purely from the standpoint of a person who is tired of the hip hop bullshit. tired of kids telling me i am hip hop because i paint graffiti. listen to what ever you want, but dont classify graffiti as hip hop, cause its not.

phase? my brother got me into hiphop way back in '86. I haven't stopped obsessing over it since. Man, you really hate money, don't you? When my friends and I freestyle in the parking lot, I'm not helping anyone get rich. When I do a fill in on a truck, I'm enjoying myself and adding my two cents to a culture. When I listen to serious lyrics that make me wanna cry, or bash someone's face in, or whatever, I'm doing what music is supposed to make someone do. You can go listen to your white noise, you cultureless freak. I'm happy with mine.

just because i dont classify my self as hip hop or punk rock, im a freak. you know you can be original, it is an option. just be yourself, and stop chasing the hip hop ice cream truck down the street. you are a follower, and thats ok. for you. i dont need a culture to define who i am. obviously you do.

tired of kids telling me i am hip hop because i paint graffiti.

why do you spend all your time sweating someones balls for what they percieve as or isn't hiphop.

your wasting time with this like backpackers arguing rap isn't hiphop.

lsiten - what i'm trying to say is that if you don't wear a plastic medallion, a doorag (or at least a t-shirt wrapped around your head), carry a backpack full of markers and your prized sketchbook (for the cops to look at when you get caught drinking Stella in the stairwell) in your Jansport knapsack, then you're not hiphop.

to each his own, dude. i suppose it would piss you off if I started cyber pointing at you saying "na na na na naaa - you're as hip hop as they get." You support your friends' gear, and you choose to wear durable clothes that last through bombing missions. Of course you're gonna get labeled! Why you gonna diss a whole culture that people live through when you're living the same shit? Forget what those anticon motherfuckers say. Have your own mindstate, but the word hip hop means a lot to me, and I don't like it being abused by the likes of you because you're sick of being labeled for your artwork. That's it. This shit wasn't invented so the rich could get richer. It was so the poor could be uplifted and get richer. So what, the Blues was corrupt, too? c'mon, now!

Originally posted by wrkr

why do you spend all your time sweating someones balls for what they percieve as or isn't hiphop.

your wasting time with this like backpackers arguing rap isn't hiphop.

i dont waste any time at all. i am tired of other people trying to tell me what i am. that is basically the jist of all my posts, stop letting others define who you are. you are entitled to beleive what you want, of course, but it doesnt change the fact that you are follower. if you can live with it fine, but quit trying to tell me whats up, cause you have no idea

lsiten - what i'm trying to say is that if you don't wear a plastic medallion, a doorag (or at least a t-shirt wrapped around your head), carry a backpack full of markers and your prized sketchbook (for the cops to look at when you get caught drinking Stella in the stairwell) in your Jansport knapsack, then you're not hiphop.

to each his own, dude. i suppose it would piss you off if I started cyber pointing at you saying "na na na na naaa - you're as hip hop as they get." You support your friends' gear, and you choose to wear durable clothes that last through bombing missions. Of course you're gonna get labeled! Why you gonna diss a whole culture that people live through when you're living the same shit? Forget what those anticon motherfuckers say. Have your own mindstate, but the word hip hop means a lot to me, and I don't like it being abused by the likes of you because you're sick of being labeled for your artwork. That's it. This shit wasn't invented so the rich could get richer. It was so the poor could be uplifted and get richer. So what, the Blues was corrupt, too? c'mon, now!

it wasnt invented so the poor could get richer. it was "invented" so people could express themselves. you are pleading my case for me everytime you post. you know in your head that i am right you just refuse to accept it because then you will feel guilty everytime you lip sync to those dope ass jiggy hip hop tracks you love so much.

i dont waste any time at all. i am tired of other people trying to tell me what i am. that is basically the jist of all my posts, stop letting others define who you are. you are entitled to beleive what you want, of course, but it doesnt change the fact that you are follower. if you can live with it fine, but quit trying to tell me whats up, cause you have no idea

It's a waste of energy trying to teach a blindman to throw darts.

Your just as hypocritical, your trying to change someones way of thinking just as you are preventing them from changing yours. Why don't you see that?

you obvioulsy cant or arent reading my posts. i just said that i dont give a fuck what you believe. if you can live with being a follower fine, its your life choice. my only gripe is that the original guy who tried to school me about how graff is so hip hop, was wrong and that i dislike the fact that so many of you guys are still stuck on stupid. once again incase you missed it earlier in this post, i dont care what you think. graffiti, is not hip hop.

i told you i'm not a follower. i don't like the anticon shit, nor do i like the jiggy shit. not most of it, anyways. jiggy shit, anyways.

and sure, it was invented to express oneself (see CULTURE/ART in the dictionary) but through that, it uplifts people and allows them to focus on more positive things, such as making money. Honestly, loudhardfast, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you will realize this oneday. You say that I'm going through a phase, but I have seen people like you. The raging vegans, the anti-capitalists, the economic summit protestors who were well back from the front lines and took pictures to show ugly girls at lame house parties. Over the years, I have seen these people who tried in vain to throw off the so-called shackles of civilization mend their ways. The ones who never did mend their ways are currently dumpster diving and getting no play from the opposite sex, except maybe some hideous creatures from the lagoon. This is what I've seen with my own eyes. It's all good. I know who I am, and I think you may be going through an identity crisis. by the way, i listen to all sorts of music. i relate to the street music the most because i have lived that sort of life. i've through criminal shit, jail, paranoia, heartbreak, lost friends, had good times spending money, i drink 40s, smoke spliffs - a lot of music that i listen to relates to all this, thereby getting a lot of emotion out of me. trust me, though - i listen to a lot of different things.

*i use toilet paper to wipe my ass, and I use a fork to eat my food. what, am i a follower now? I'd like to say i'm civilized. something, it seems, you are against being.

graffiti, is not hip hop.

I agreed with that, along time ago.

That's not what I'm talking about, This is:

Your preaching your preverted view of what hiphop is or isn't as it's the only way and that everyone is wrong for thinking another way. Your just as bad if not worse then the orignal guy who said graffiti was hiphop.

if you can live with being a follower fine,

It sounds like your more a follower then anyone else,

" anti-movement "

Archived