Gulf War video game released..wtf

High Priest

Has any one aside from me seen the commercials for this game? Its like

a rpg where you play as an american soldier out to kill Heussian (sic?) ... just seems a little funny being released around the same time as Bush is trying to rally support for his invasion. I guess a new form of propaganda is upon us..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Merdle
Originally posted by High Priest

a rpg where you play as an american soldier out to kill Heussian (sic?) ... just seems a little funny being released around the same time as Bush is trying to rally support for his invasion. I guess a new form of propaganda is upon us..

First, and no I havn't even seen commercials for it. That is weird they'releasing it now.

Edit, oops, didn't realixe I quoted you.

America's Army? this game rocks...very buggy still but i think the army/government did a good job making it...some of the most realistic gameplay ive ever experienced...however, i think we might be talking different games here....in america's army you are placed in scenarios mimmicking real life situations, there are no names, no references to terrorists, or sadaam, or osama...a very straight forward first person shooter, which rewards teamwork rather than lone wolf type gameplay...pretty much the only 'new' game im playing right now...it has been in the makings for a while, but was released after september 11th as a PR stunt for the army i suppose....regardless on you views of war, the government, and the military, this is a solid game, great fun...

edit-

okay, so i opened up an old issue of pcgamer highlighting this game, it seems the army is also releasing another game called soldiers, this is more of an RPG, but pcgamer says it just documents a soldiers training through boot camp....i dont know...i dont care...i probably wont get soldiers because it sounds lame.....but soldiers is what you could be talking about i guess...it hasnt been released yet however....

Originally posted by High Priest

a rpg where you play as an american soldier out to kill Heussian (sic?)

that's not a game, its a commercial for a real war. they just used computer generated soldiers cause they didnt want to have to pay actors...

bush is getting desperate for support.

bush is indeed desperate for some support....its kinda sad that the economy has gone to shit and all he does is talk about war....i havent seen the comercials yet, but from the way you describe it seeking id say they went way over budget on some computer games, and therefore couldnt hire real actors in theyre comercials...as much as i enjoy the game that was made...i still wonder how many tax dollars went into making it...not too much i guess.....but maybe more than i think....

I assume your talking about Conflict:Desert Storm for the PS2 & XBOX & GC in 2/2003.

The game sucks so far. Get SOCOM.

blahblahblah propaganda, damn the man, fight the power, *raises fist, give peace a chance, imagine, and all that other shit.

fuckin smilies came up automatically. had to get rid of it.

Archived