Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok all you can collectors, I am looking for something that is can related and figured I'd ask here if anyone knew where I could get them or if they are even still made.

Do any of you remember the small cans that were on chains that were hollow and the top unscrewed and they were cap holders? Does ANYONE have any idea where I can get those if they are still made? I need 3-4 of them to put a little pinch of IZ's ashes inside them to give to a few of his very close friends... Thanks for the help....

I haven't seen those things since the mid 90's. I doubt they're still being made, and anyone who has one probably lost it 15 years ago.

I'm sure it would be easier to have some made by a custom jeweler, and silver would be suitable for someone's ashes.

I could make them without a problem I'm a machinist by trade but I was hoping to find some I could buy and not have to spend the time designing and making them but I think that is what is going to have to happen... I hear what you are saying about getting it silver but if I make them I'll make them out of stainless and since I have the label lay out from the big cans I'll just have small labels of IZ's favorite color made for them as well. ;)

Multona are real good cans, produced by Auto-K(Auto-K, Multona, Belton, Altona...)

A huge range of colors, so good with a fat or a stock cap for tags, and real nice for fill-ins or outlines.

I love them. German quality.

The Beltons you talk about are so dope. 80's, early 90's Beltons. Paint quality was so different from nowadays, except for german products, which are still on top.

Artist, artist...

I don't see which cans you're talking about. There is the basic Dupli(Color Spray), some Water Paint, High Heat and stuff like that, and the Platinium, which are Gold cans, that you can rack-a-lot!

Maybe you talk about the old graffiti line they tried to launch maybe 10 or 15 years ago...I know they have them in the East.

This one?

DSC08102.jpg

Its funny how some of the labels there are just like lots of older can labels here. That spray color reminds of an old 60's can, just gotta dig it up here. Same with some of the krylon cans over seas, they held onto older labels that they got rid of a long time over here...

Yeah...unfortunately it's hard to find great designed cans in Europe, it's really basic. I've made a restricted selection in some majord hardware stores brands two or three days ago, took off all except one of the regular colors, one high-heat and one chrome silver, the one i use(d), just to remember cause they're not that crazy visually.

I've learned that Dupli-color has arrived on the European Market in 1966, just like Auto-K. Krylon was already here, just as maybe 10 french brands. It's hard to know the exact dates about the french cans, and french market.

Novemail, Auto-Raccord, Altona, Autolac, and some little car-line brands were the first.

Apparently, i need to make some more research, the man who got the Krylon distribution license was one of General De Gaulle closest friends, and Resistance Chief Mr Dewavrin, whose family hold the brand til they stop selling it late 90's.

Still looking for the following:

-Krylon 'Plum #1929' (Safety Purple) w/ rust magic paper label

-Krylon 'Hot Pink' Notch Top

-Krylon 'Pineapple Yellow' Notch Top

Serious buyer... serious sellers only... PM me if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived