Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

• 1 year later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sparvar and krylon are the same company. Sparvar was basically a budget krylon brand with about half the color selection as krylon. Colors were the same, just picked up some Sparvar color charts from 1980 I will scan later. I am not really sure of the marketing behind the european brand, but it is obvious that they are made by the same company. This holds true even today with a few major companies producing majority of the spray paint, just selling it under different names, or in some cases making it for a company.

sorry to be posting a kinda question here but has anyone ever heard of delkote metal laqueur? i dont know much about old cans but from the stylings/font etc. it looks late-50's or early 60's. i just found about 6 cans, some empty most unused. i might be willing to sell if theyre worth anything, i couldnt find anything anywhere.

sparvar was the sherwin williams spray paint brand before they bought krylon from borden. when that happened, sparvar got watered down versions of some basic krylon colors. the dutch sparvar i believe licensed the "sparvar" name from SW at some point.

From my understanding krylon and borden have always been part of the same parent company. I cannot speak for the european sparvar, because I have never really understood it. The early 60's sparvar cans I have were made by "Valley Forge Products Co" in Norristown PA. The same place old krylon was made. Later on at one point they moved to NY with krylon.

Spravar when They were in NY

chartsw.jpg

Sparvar When borden owned them

colorcharts0001.jpg

colorcharts.jpg

66 Krylon Chart. First Borden Krylon chart with the hold over of all the old krylon color names. Borden script cans with the rookie year 5 ball design

66krylonchart.jpg

Older krylon brochure from the Norristown PA Days

1960krylonbrochure.jpg

HOW DOPE WOULD IT HAVE BEEN IF KRYLON WOULD HAVE WISED UP AND

MARKETED TOWARDS THE WRITERS/KEPT NORMAL VALVE SYSTEM/

AND CRANKED OUT IT'S USUAL 6-7 NEW COLORS.

EVEN DOPER WOULD BE THEM "RETRO-ING" OLD CLASSIC COLORS.

YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO TELL A RETRO FROM AN ORIGINAL.

IT WOULD JUST START THE AIR JORDAN RETRO AND VINYL RE-PRESSING DEAL.

DREAMS ARE NICE TO HAVE-

Archived