Castles made of sand, slip into the sea...

Guest Catch22

Nice thread. I think the 3rd album I ever bought was Jimi, hooked ever since. Too bad he died so young. Too bad the record company kept him doped up during the end of his career/life. True Musical Genius!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i almost got in a bar fight last month because this fucking twat who looked like scott stapp from creed was trying to argue that jimmy page in led zeppelin was a better guitarist than hendrix. i won't get too into the argument, but basically i made him look like the asshole he was. not that i don't like ledzep, but come on--hendrix=genius, jimmy page=good but not a genius. hendrix is the best rock guitar player ever of all time period. the end.

Originally posted by Santa Claus

my sister smoked weed for the first time sitting by that grave.

it's people like your sister who are boring as shit...because all they talk about is the first time they had weed and how fuckin'crazy it was...whoop dee fuckin'whoo...

i smoked weed for the first time getting a blow job.

didn't happen to have enough spare time to go and look at a cheap fuckin'slab and smoke a box of bones.

Originally posted by chicken bone

and its pali gap. it is a very good song and can be found on the rainbow bridge ost LP.

yeah. my bad on the spelling. i see things spelled wrong on napster and shit and i sometimes spell em like that when im not thinking or not sure. but that song is so sic. you can get in on voodoo soup too. but im pretty sure that album isnt being released anymore. ever since his family took over his trademark rights theyve stopped releasing all the best albums (box set (experience/axis, voodoo soup). thats what i heard at least....

garcia, jimi is the undisputed best guitarist in the world. probably the best there will ever be. jimmy page is damn good though. my dad has a jimmy page albm thats fuckin crazy. i forget what its called though. whats the deal with your thailand trip bro?

Originally posted by dot.

it's people like your sister who are boring as shit...because all they talk about is the first time they had weed and how fuckin'crazy it was...whoop dee fuckin'whoo...

i smoked weed for the first time getting a blow job.

didn't happen to have enough spare time to go and look at a cheap fuckin'slab and smoke a box of bones.

who gives a fuck? don't ruin The Jimi thread cause you wanna make fun of people you don't know over the net.

:mad:

Originally posted by jah

garcia, jimi is the undisputed best guitarist in the world. probably the best there will ever be.

Now, I like Hendrix MORE than the next gy, but that simply isn't true... django, segovia... actually the list is endless, but it's not a matter of who's best, it's all about the peer group.

Anyway, back to songs, nobody's mentioned:

Wind Cries Mary

Rainy Day Dream (or was it Rainy Day Wish, he had a couple rainy day songs...)

Machine Gun

Crosstown Traffic

Manic Depression

i havent been listening to him a lot lately cus ive just heard him so much im kinda tired of it. i like waiting for a while then im stoked to hear it. i forgot wind cries mary. thats one i was trying to think of but i couldnt remember it.

i also like:

wait utnil tomorrow

angel

of course castles made of sand

hey joe

red house

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Stapler

Jimi Hendrix was a very good guitarist. The thing I wonder is if alot of people know he taught himself how to play and coul not read music so he had to memorise how to play instead of being able to read off a sheet. Castles made os sand.....is a dope song and so is the song that has the line `I`m not the only soul acussed of hit and run` . That would have to be my most favorite lyric of all time.

yep manic depression is a great track. i have always appretiated a goodl lyric rather than a musical note because i never learned how to play a musical instrement. any way for this reason i hate cross town traffic but i love hey joe, manic depression and if six was nine.

the first time i saw easy rider i knew i had to get some jimi hendrix tracks. go watch easy rider, go! go now, you dont have all day. run down to the video store and get some damn movies and make sure you get easy rider.

Originally posted by Stapler

Jimi Hendrix was a very good guitarist. The thing I wonder is if alot of people know he taught himself how to play and coul not read music so he had to memorise how to play instead of being able to read off a sheet. Castles made os sand.....is a dope song and so is the song that has the line `I`m not the only soul acussed of hit and run` . That would have to be my most favorite lyric of all time.

not to mention he was left handed and learned on a right handed guitar; hence, learning upside down. also, he didnt start playing guitar till he was 17 and died at 27. that means he only played for 10 years!!

Archived