238th Street Bridge NYC

Guest Sket One

Guest Sket One
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sket One

NO Prob I wish for some more

I would love to see that sento piece with the cowboy bodé lizard with the gun.

If anyone has that please post if you dont have the space send it on through

unitee1@hotmail.com just keep it under 300k

Thanks

Guest Eric Cartmen

Some of the nicest walls in the bronx were done at 238th..

The CAV and SENT production that was filmed for MTV in 88

The WANE,WIPS Production(criminal minded) on the water wall

The REAS wall posted above

KIRS,CAV,SENT,NEON on the MTV wall 88

KET,OCHO(LA),HIMS on the MTV wall in 1989(or90)

CES,BOM5,SAZ(rip),DERO MTV wall 1990

NOBLE,EMIT,GAZE MTV wall 91

All the funky TDR,SV,COD,TFP,IMOK,TVT,AOK,TMC,JHF,KTC,UW,FLY ID,RS,TFA,GU etc productions!!!!!

A shame how that place went to sh*t.

Guest MRBURNS

the bridge

one night me and my boy went for a walk down there kinda late..mad homeless people live under there, i never really see them there in the day, but i guess at night, they wander down there to sleep. but if u roll thru, they run from u, i guess people do some pretty fucked up things to homeless people.

Dooope thread!!! One of the last decent productions I can remember at 238 was I think: Mone Vet daim or hesh or both ces and maybe swet.. it was ont he water side can ne one confirm?? 238 I Love it!!! So much history!! Next someone should start a thread on the Pelaham Bay Amtracks!! The would be great..peaccce

• 3 weeks later...

re: TGUNNER

that production was really fresh, vet, stak, mone, ces, hesh and daim, i dont think the daim lived long, so they had someone go over it and make it look like it was never there. what an ill wall, if u want to see flix, im sure someone has the shot from the old scribble magazine. who doesnt deserve props for that flic anyway. and just to let u all know , ALL THE DOPE NYC PICS THAT WERE EVER IN SCRIBBLE MAGAZINE COME FROM RAGE HI. he was never put in the credits in case any of u were curious who they came from. and im sure that without the dope flix he hooks them up with, that magazine would be a shit rag from ohio.

props to rage, for supplying most graff magazines with the ill NYC flix, keeping a lot of heads in the loop.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sports Bra#1

no fliks..well i do have tons of 238th street fliks but posting fliks is too tedious for my short attention span. do have a story about 238th street though. one very very cold winter day in 1988 me and 3 other writers set off to paint at 'the bridge' now this was the biggest bridge i have ever seen. anybody who has been there knows there are hundreds of walls there and getting from one side to the other is like playing frogger with the metro north trains. im really surprised no one has ever been killed down there by a train. anyway were about halfway through the pieces and we see this big ass cop (who looked like cap mpc) coming down the hill and he gets on the tracks and starts walking towards us, with no coat on and his knight stick out. when i saw this motherfucker with no coat on just his uniform shirt and it was like -10 outside i knew this was no one i wanted to fuck with. so we dipped and ran along the river and it seemed like we were running fast as hell and this cop is just walking but everytime i looked back he was behind us. so finally we decided to do the unthinkable. we crossed the river. dodging floating chunks of ice and thinking that we will ceritanly get pnumonia from this.

we get accross the river and didnt see the cop any more. still shook we skipped accross the bx river pkwy to yonkers now dodging cars doing 50 & 60 mph. we get back on the street soaking wet and scared this fool is gonna roll up on us any minute. but he didnt and we just went home. and i think one of the kids i was with did get real sick behind rnning thru that river though.

Guest Eric Cartmen

If i remember correctly there was a Merk piece that was next to that RANK up top(where that black and white piece is).It looked good..Also that top one that Sket posted was one of the last dope walls done there..Ces,Bom5,Saz and Dero..Its great to see these pics. I remember seeing alot of them in person but forgot about them.

Originally posted by Al Green

headless burnt dolls..

hmm i think this is a common theme in a writers travels..

ive seen waaay too many piles of needles, cheap ripple bottles, and burnt dolls...

why do these things always end up in the same places.

strange.

dont forget the dirty mattresses, peices of foam rubber, bum trash (which allways seems to have a certain look to it), and the ever present broken glass.

Archived