Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
swif1

i have to take two college prep classes...

yeah, it sucks. I took both the ACTs and the SATs and i scored very low on the verbal/english part.

so this university is telling me to take ENC 0020 College Prepatory Writing II and REA 0002 College Prepatory Reading II if i still want to go the the university.

well that's an option...i can either retake the tests or go to a community college and take those two courses.

each class costs $263.50

so yeah, fuck.

hmmm...just checked my most current verbal score on the SATs i took...i scored a 410 on it

Guest GEAsusONEnep

Go to community for 3 years and then transfer to a university for your final year and get your bachelors from that university. A fuck of a lot cheaper; plus the degree says you graduated from that university, no strings attached. My friend is doing this and it is what I would do if I had any desire to further my education.

although if you find it intolerable to stay in your town after you graduate, look for a community college a couple hours away and find a place to live up there..thats what i woulda done

i plan to call the university tuesday.

say word.

listening to ocean lab ft justine suissa - clear blue water (ferry corsten remix)

Guest sneak
Originally posted by swif1

listening to ocean lab ft justine suissa - clear blue water (ferry corsten remix)

now ladies and gentlemen, and boogie hands.....this is a good tune

Guest SayOne

lol i had to take english and math preps, luckily i finished my english but not the math.....:( i suck at math

You can go sit in Barnes and noble and read SAT english books. Standardized testing is crap, it just measures how well you take tests. Get learneded on the idea behind the english tests, why the right answers are right, shit like that, and you'll be able to kick that score up right quick.

DrinkieCrowOner1320FirstTry

chances are a hundred bucks worth of test prep books from barnes and noble along with some actual study time in the public library would do you more good. when it comes to writing, i would be willing to wager you never had a decent teacher, so sniff around everyone you know, the smart girl from high school, etc, see if they will spend a little time with you. a lot of standardized testing does just measure how well you test, so learn that test and you'll probably get yourself up to par. it's all about your own initiative here....

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this