the 9-11 shit (tonight?)

Mr. Mang

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Xeroshoes

What makes you say that? I got that statistic from a US newspaper, and for lack of any other report of how many innocent Afghanis we have killed, I find no reason not to believe that. 5000, as far as numbers of people go, isn't that big of a number.

well, I don't know, I still feel a bit skeptical... how many people actually live in Afghanistan? I've kept pretty 'up' on the actions over there and the running tab in my head is closer to 1000 innocents. Soldiers are a different story and, the lines between civilian and soldier are blurry at best...

...and what i meant before in saying "5000 people is fucking nothing" (in referance to the wtc) was that, again, as far as numbers of people go, that isn't such a big number. I have no doubt it caused a lot of suffering and woe among a lot of people, but Iceberg referring to it as "the worst tragedy yet" was, in my opinion, inaccurate and ignorant.

well, you may be correct, I'd say we shouldn't forget the victims in Oklahoma City or the original WTC bombing, but... I think we've officially called the number something around 2800, of 'our own' were lost... as I said before, I think the total number of Afghan innocents is closer to 1000, I could even say plus/minus 1000 but it still doesn't equal our loss, and that is part of the tragedy of war...

Also, don't worry about changing my post, it was an accident.

right on, still, sorry man, I don't even like to do it when I have to do it

:D

Archived