STAK/TFP/FUA!!!!!!!!!

Guest o.g.sofa1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: I GOT 1 THING TO SAY ABOUT ALL THIS

Originally posted by STONEY BROOK

WHO CARES IF YOU DONT LIKE HIS WORK

POST YOURS

Here's why I care when people don't like someone's work and why it might be important/ helpful to people who actually think deep thoughts about letters and style...

Negative opinions (or positive ones of a writer whose style you hate) help you evaluate or re-evaluate a certain style or writer with a different, added perspective- one that you souldn't supply on your own. You look at the style from new angles ("how could someone not like that?") and therefore LEARN MORE ABOUT IT. You get better at looking at and understanding letters and the way that people perceive them. Without dissenting opinions things get stale and thought processes don't have a chance to evolve. It's really a pretty simple proposition. Does that make sense to you?

Re: FUCKING FOOLS!!!!!!

Originally posted by o.g.sofa1

ON A ANOTHER NOTE,I THINK A REAL WRITER HAS THE BALLS TO SAY WHAT HE WRITES!AND SINCE THIS IS A FORUM THAT PEOPLE SEE ALL OVER THE WORLD WHY DONT YOU POST YOUR STUFF UP SO PEOPLE CAN SEE WHAT YOU GOT.IT SEEMS YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY,BUT WHEN I SEEN ON ANOTHER POST YOU GIVING PROPS TO SOME KID FROM CONNETICUT.I JUST THOUGHT TO MYSELF THAT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH STYLE,SO LETS SEE WHO KNOWS LETTER STRUCTURE.THIS IS TO IBEX MOON AND MUD BUDDAH!!!THE KING SOFA1 FROM THE SOUTHWEST

I'm not cool with posting something and flatly stating, "this is me." I'm way too fucking paranoid to do that.

And it wouldn't change anything anyway. You've missed my point, so seeing some of my shit isn't going to magically make you understand what I'm trying to say. And no matter who I am or what I've got, there are still people that will go nuts as soon as someone says "I don't like that person's work." No matter how calmly they say it. That's it. I wish that were different (and that's the whole point of me opening my big mouth.) Me posting some artwork isn't going to magically change that.

You know what's funny? I actually like Stak's stuff. I'm just tired of seeing people get super heated over a little criticsm.

Guest newyuckshity

i dont care what anyone says about staks pieces........

you cant say shit about his hand style, his tags, or his throw-ups, one of the illest in the city.

While I agree that you can learn alot from analyzing style and looking critically at other writers, I find it kind of disturbing that cats feel the need to type negative opinions anonymously on an open forum for everyone to read. If you are actually trying to evaluate letters and learn more about style to apply to your own pieces, why do you feel the need to share your uninformed opinions? Question your own motives. Ask yourself this :"If I were standing next to Stak and looking at one of his pieces, would I voice my negative opinions aloud? Would I feel as free to pop shit in his face as I do when sitting in the safety of my own home?" It is obvious to me reading your comments that most of you cats have no understanding of the history of TFP or of the origins of style. STAK predates NOAH and SIEN5, stak was hitting the J and M lines when the MTA was still bombed. I saw him up before I ever heard of SENT or CAMP. Stak's style is based more on that old Brooklyn funk than "TFP" style (which to me means CASE2, BUTCH2, SOLID1) and if dont float your boat, keep doing YOUR thing, but dont shit on the next man if you cant relate to where he's coming from.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest professor poopatronic

i always wonder, who the fuck are all these dudes that think they've got room to talk about someone like stak? i'd be really interested to know, you guys must be some real kings. anyways, in my opinion stak's style isn't even that similar to anybody else in tfp, i don't really see how you guys come off saying he's trying too hard to look like sento or noah or whoever. shit's got a pretty original feel to it if you ask me. and on a side note, that last piece on the KRL is one of the freshest things i've seen on a freight in a while. that's class right there.

• 6 months later...

i think people are getting to defensive about STAK and his styles from what i have read on the second page here.. who cares if people don't like his work, or if people would say it to his face! thats not the case man.. he himself reading this would not take it as an insult, its construcive criticism..

who cares what IBEX MOON's stuff looks like.. its his opinion, he isn't saying he is better.. get a grip.

Archived