WEBPAGE SHIT

Guest ctrl+alt+del

Guest ctrl+alt+del

im planning on making a graff page (JUST WHAT THE INTERNET NEEDS MORE OF) for my town. i have been planning on doing this for 2 or 3 years now, but this time IM SERIOUS! i just wanted the basics on making a pretty simple !!!FREE!!! website. things that would be good to know from people with experience; what site would be good to host on, are there any progs i might need (i have APS6.0) just basic type things.i need to get a scanner too, i saw one in the paper for 80 bucks with a 40 dollar mail in rebate, so i might try to get that thing. hard to say though. im not aiming for anything like purefuckingapathy ( i think thats SI's sites name) or blackalicious.com, just something with a front page and a menu leading to the sections.

BY THE WAY- i just painted my ceiling white.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Before you do anything webwise, go get a good dictionary sized html book and learn the basics by hand. You don't have to master the whole language or anything, but get your hands dirty for awhile, so when you need to fiddle with dreamweaver or frontpage or somthing you won't be completely in the dark. All I use for my (admittedly simple) website is a copy of BBEdit and photoshop.

Originally posted by ese

Before you do anything webwise, go get a good dictionary sized html book and learn the basics by hand. You don't have to master the whole language or anything, but get your hands dirty for awhile, so when you need to fiddle with dreamweaver or frontpage or somthing you won't be completely in the dark. All I use for my (admittedly simple) website is a copy of BBEdit and photoshop.

ese, I just checked out your site. I like it...simple, easy to navigate with a lot of good content. i just want to make one suggestion: on your bottom menu frame and your top frame for the page numbers, you should remove the scrollbars. in order to do that, in your frameset document i think you write scrolling="no" in the appropriate frame.

but, i'm feeling the site...bookmarked.

Guest fr8lover

-NO BORDERS ON PICTURE LINKS border=0

-NO ANIMATION OR CHEESY BULLCRAP

getting a book is a good idea, but even better is finding a big online tutorial that has example html. it makes it so much easier to learn how it works by being able to copy little bits from tutorials...kinda like graffiti, huh?

i played around with front page at the start.. but i'll take dreamweaver over that shit.... about flash... if ya can't do something original and dope.... dont put it up as your page.....

i was just thinkin of using flash but just for website music..thats all...

Guest --zeSto--

simple...

cuteHTML + cuteFTP + any free WYSIWYG HTML editor (for reference) = simple web page.

remember folks... content is king!:king:

Archived